Dr. Karen Lane MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 27th, 2013
Thee best
After years and years of being misdiagnosed mistreated Dr. Lane was thee best . Listens she is not close minded is a major patient advocate and tells you exactly what you need honesty and sincerity. I can not express how much this woman changed my life not only removing my cancer but guiding me through my journey. She is the sole person that regained my faith in medicine . I trust her with my life and she will research anything which made me feel she is always willing to learn more . Medicine isn't just school its a quest to learn more and heal often. She does just that a true doctor.

May 6th, 2013
Dr. Lane Inspired the Faith in My Ability to be Healed
I was impressed by her cheeriness and encouragement the first day I met Dr. Karen Lane at Chao Cancer Center. After assuring me that my advanced stage cancer will face a fierce fight from her she went out of her way to invite in Dr. Rita Mehta my Oncologist, with whom my appointment was for the next week, to spare a second and meet with me there and then. Not in my wildest dream did come across such an enthusiastic and energetic pair. Dr. Mehta's chemo shrunk the tumor to where Dr. Lane's radical mastectomy (left breast and lymph nodes) came out so well that breast reconstruction (by my plastic surgery doctors) turned out superb. I would have liked double mastectomy to forestall a possible cancer in the other breast while at the same time achieving a symmetrical chest appearance, but Dr. Lane advised against removing the other breast since there was nothing wrong with it. I know that both breasts will eventually be made to match by my plastic surgeons! I saw Christ in my medical team.

August 2nd, 2012
An exceptional professional
Dr Lane is an exceptional and capable professional. In addition to excelling in her area of expertise, she is extremely kind-hearted and sincere. I specifically recall meeting with her after receiving a difficult diagnosis of recurrent breast cancer. Our appointment was technically 'over,' as we had covered all the pertinent information. Dr Lane was headed toward the door to leave when I asked her yet another question. She promptly removed her hand from the door handle, turned around, and came to sit next to me. She listened intently to my question and then answered with a knowledgeable, kind, calmness. I would recommend Dr Lane and the UCI cancer team with whom she works to my family, friends, and YOU.

April 22nd, 2012
Very accessible. I can see her anytime I need to. Cares about her patients and listens to them. Responds promptly to questions and concerns.

March 8th, 2012
She is a caring empathic doctor. Also very easy to talk to.

January 24th, 2012
So far so good...
Dr. Lane seemed sincerely surprised and thrilled when my particular test came back clean. It was sweet, I thought. I'm so sorry for the lady that had the bad experience. I know I have had some honest to God nightmares courtesy of UCI, but Dr. Lane has not been one of them. They need to tighten up and maybe some good internal evaluations need to go forward...

January 2nd, 2012
Third eye
Dr.Karen Lane is a sincere,talented, and listening surgeon.In such a male dominated ego center profession,I think she truly relates to each patient,as a sister, mother,or daughter .It is our job as patients to pay attention to our own intuition so we can make right decisions and heal.Everyone has a journey, but some may end sooner then what we expect day. Each day when I feel the sun on my face and remember to laugh, and think at this moment.. its so good to be alive!

December 2nd, 2011
WARNING
I had a 3.5 cm tumor on my RIGHT breast and was diagnosed with breast cancer. Dr. Karen Lane told me the tumor was 6 cm (which was a lie) and I would require a mastectomy. After surgery I discovered she had removed parts from my LEFT breast without my permission. I confronted Dr. Lane and she made ridiculous excuses as to why she performed radical surgery on my LEFT breast. The doctors there would not answer my questions and basically altered medical records and tried to cover up medical and surgical mistakes. My experience at UCI was a nightmare from the start. I am still dealing with medical issues and face future surgeries as a result. Deny, cover-up, conceal, alter, lie, that what they do. The doctors I came across don't care about what is right for the patient, all they cared about was protecting each other. I still have to worry about the cancer showing up again and dis-figuration. My life will never be the same.

March 25th, 2011
Dr. Karen Lane is caring, patient, and attends to all concerns. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a breast oncologist/surgeon.

December 18th, 2016