Dr. Karen Thampoe MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 16 reviews

June 30th, 2016
my physician
My family is very thankful for this doctor for saving my life. She is a very compassionate doctor who spends a long time with her patients. Her knowledge and bedside manners are excellent. My husband was initially a little hesitant to go to a woman physician, but he has changed his mind completely after visiting her. She treats her patients as if they were her own family. I feel quite comfortable with her and feel very safe to be in her hands. I give my highest recommendation for anybody to go to her. In my personal opinion she is the best doctor in the world.

May 15th, 2016
Excellent physician
Dr. Thampoe has treated my entire family for many years. She takes the time to listen to her patients, despite having a very busy practice and seems to genuinely care about the welfare of each patient. She is an extremely skilled diagnostician and is able to "think outside the box" when faced with challenging symptoms. She consistently goes the extra mile to help her patients get the best care possible. I never mind waiting to be seen as I appreciate the time Dr. Thampoe takes with each patient. In this day of insurance companies micromanaging medical care, there are few doctors who have remained true to their commitment to provide quality medical treatment to their patients.

April 13th, 2016
Terrible experience overall
The office staff is rude- I called and was put on hold for over an hour. I asked to speak with Norma, which never happened because she conveniently just left for lunch. I also called for a refill because the pharmacy was unable to reach them for 3 days. The Dr. walks around barefoot and when she finally comes to the room she spends a max of 2 minutes and never really listens to the problems. Unable to speak directly with the Dr. and was told "she doesn't return phone calls"..really? After been given meds on 2 different occasions, no follow up call was made by the staff. After labwork was taken, no return call was made to me after 3-4 days so I called them and was told..oh yes we need your pharmacy number to send out a med.. This Dr. is not caring..just wants the money

March 1st, 2016
I consider Dr. Thampoe and his staff to be the most competent and caring I have encountered during my 66 years. Dr. Thampoe spends more than adequate time with me, listens carefully to my symptoms, takes notes, and explains diagnosis and treatments in detail. During one office visit she correctly identified an unrelated medical condition that led to me to undergo cardio tests, after my regular cardiologist had overlooked my symptoms. Her administrative staff and nurses are wonderful. The nurses are courteous but diligent about monitoring lab reports and asking about possible side effects from treatment. Staff who handle scheduling are gems, always cheerful, humorous, and helping with patient morale.

February 28th, 2016
I have been going to Dr. Thampoe for a number of years. She and the whole staff are very professional and caring. I never felt rushed as she tried to listen to and evaluate all of my "problems". Would I recommend her to others? Yes! I already have.

October 30th, 2014
Wonderful doctor
This doctor takes time to examine the patient and provides the proper attention to the patient needs. I would highly recommend her.

September 26th, 2014
A waste of money!
I was referred to Dr Thampoe by a ER clinic to be reevaluated and to have her send off a lab sample. Dr Thampoe walked in the room and was not pleasant, asked me why I was there and mashed on my abdomen. I told her I was not getting better she said she wanted me to go BACK to the ER because they could run the lab test faster than she could. I go back to the ER and the test no matter who does it takes 2-3 days. I will not go back to her. I now have an extra ER bill to pay thanks to her.

May 5th, 2014
I travel two hours to see Dr. Thampoe, and people think I's crazy for driving that far. I wouldn't change that for the world, she is the best !!!!

May 5th, 2014
she is such an awesome physician. She helped my mom and went out of her way to coordinate her medical care and personally made appointment for my mom to see an oncologist. I just love her.

August 15th, 2013
Great Doctor
I love Dr. Thampoe, she is direct, right to the point, and does not beat around the bush about what is going on with her patients. She is very courteous.

March 18th, 2013
visits
Dr. Thampoe, is courteous and kind. She knows how to handle all types of illness. I tend to only go when it is too late for me to get feeling better quickly. I don't like doctors, but I don't want to bother them with petty things either. I wait until I am totally falling out and Dr. Thampoe always gives me the pep talk to move forward and has the best humor of any doctor. Thanks.

November 12th, 2012
unbelievable
I have lived 43 yrs., had many different doctors and never had this awful experience and waste of my time in my entire life. First of all, my appt' was at 12:30 and Dr. Thampoe didn't come into see me until 2:20. She came in rushed and asked why I came in. I told her it's for my annual check up and pep smear. She came back did a quick pep smear and out she went and never saw her again! I was appalled. I waited to see if she would come back into the office to examine me ie. breast or thyroid exam and instead the nurse came in and took my blood out saying it's their procedure for all new patients. It's been 4 weeks and never heard from the office about whether I have any problems since the blood test nor the pep smear. Seriously? I will be calling the office tomorrow to complain.