A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thompson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Thompson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Thompson, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from Midwestern University, Downers Grove.
Dr. Thompson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Swedish American Hospital
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karen S Thompson MD is a female Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 14 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Karen S. Thompson practice?
- Dr. Karen Thompson has 3 office locations.
Dr. Karen Thompson practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Rockford, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Paducah, KY and Houma, LA.
See Rockford Cardiothoracic Surgeons.