Dr. Karen Sun MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

March 14th, 2016
Outstanding care and staff
This has to be the best run office ever. Wonderful experience. The medical care I received and the follow-up care was first rate. Excellent methodologies for diagnosis and treatment of issues that many other medical doctors ignored or did not know how to deal with. I highly recommend Dr. Sun for the Bio-identical Hormone pellet and Stem Cell treatments.

September 7th, 2015
www./awesomeness/.com This is a made up website by me...
Awesome, excellent, thorough…cannot say enough about Dr. Sun and her staff...

December 15th, 2014
I only gave 2 stars for "ease of appointment" it was not easy but once I got through to the office, everyone has been more than helpful. Dr. Sun and her staff are patient and EXPLAIN everything. Comfortable and Happy!

May 9th, 2013
Misdiagnosis - Cancer
I went in and specifically asked Dr. Sun if the spot on my skin is Melanoma. She smiled and said no. She did not take a biopsy nor refer me to a dermatologist. I was in an HMO and without a referall I could not see a dermatologist. At next open enrollment a few months later, I switched to PPO so I can freely visit specialists. I was still suspicious about the spot and went to see a dermatologist. It was Stage 1 Melanoma and I was schedule for surgery immediately. I could have died had I accepted her diagnosis.

January 24th, 2012
Dr. Sun's office is a mill. Everyone is pushed to receive a hormone pellet, administered by an incompetent assistant. The pellet caused me to gain a bunch of weight, although Dr. Sun assured me I would not (even after I cautioned her I always gain weight with estrogen). Once she saw the blood results showing major estrogen overload a month after administering the pellet, she informed me I was "strange", because my body did not react as she expected. She does not think outside the box and one size fits all with this clinic. Also, the dimwit assistant write a prescription for prometerium instead of compounded progesterone as directed by Dr. Sun. I spent 2 weeks thinking I was losing my mind - had a horrible reaction like nothing I have ever experienced.

June 21st, 2011
Saved my life.
Dr. Sun is very compassionate and does a great job with bio hormones. She really pulled me out of a bad time with my hormone problems.

July 15th, 2010
My Review
It is such a pleasure to deal with your staff. They are always pleasant, patient and eager to assist. I have already referred you to numerous friends for the pellets. I am so grateful I found you Dr. Sun! Thank you.

March 17th, 2010
I am very impressed with Dr.sun. she knows her stuff! I started hormone therapy with her 6 months ago, and I am sleeping better, and have more energy throughout the day. She is very thorough in her medical evaluation of you. I have one more follow-up, then only need to see her a couple timed a year.

March 6th, 2010
Bio identical hormone replacement
I have been a patient almost 5 yrs.Normal hormone replacement did not work for me.I was referred to Dr. Sun thru a compound pharmacy.VERY through. Very caring. Very helpful.

July 18th, 2009
The Worse doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the worse doctor! Please do not go to her. She does not have the credentials to do what she is doing. She convinced me that I should put an unmarked pellet in my backside. She guessed at the amount of hormones. What happened next nearly sent me to the ER twice. It took me over seven months to recover from what she did to me. This doctor is terrible and I would tell anyone and everyone to run and don't stop at her office. And if you have a problem.....she never calls you back.