Dr. Kari Heber MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

June 16th, 2016
Great Person
Best Doctor Ever !!!

February 12th, 2016
I am only giving one star because ZERO stars is not an option! The office staff here are SO RUDE that it makes the entire experience absolutely horrible! They are rude in person and on the phone. Dr. Heber, himself, was not terrible personality wise, but he definitely has no beside manner whatsoever. Very concrete.. I was scheduled for an MRI for Thorasic Radiculopathy, which Dr. Heber told me (in the room during my visit) would be images of both cervical and Thorasic spine. When I got to the imaging place (after waiting for everything to be approved), the office staff from Dr. Heber's office had written the referral wrong (I suspected), only ordering the cervical spine. I called to clarify this, as I didn't want to have to come back a second time for a second MRI (confined spaces and all that jazz) but the woman, Marty, was SO RUDE, and belittled me as though I had no idea what I was talking about. Hopefully she will read this and get a wake up call, because Marty, I AM A NURSE!! I am fully aware that orders get mistakenly transcribed and it is very easy to make a mistake or have a misunderstanding of what the doctor wants, whereby necessitating CLARIFICATION! This is when it would behoove office staff to be HUMBLE and POLITE and make sure that THEY have not made a mistake, instead of trying to LIE saying that they had already spoken with the Doctor. Even if you have already clarified, it is YOUR JOB to treat the patient with dignity and respect! Hellewwww??????? The radiologist ended up calling the doctor for clarification, at which time they agreed that the MRI needed to be lower than just the cervical spine.. Next, my mother went there, and the office staff were completely rude to her as well. This time though, Dr. Heber himself was additionally very rude to my mother.. (Must be an atmosphere there) She left in tears... Finally, my father went there for symptoms of Thorasic Radiculopathy, and after doing a "conductivity test", Dr. Heber recommended that my dad have Carple tunnel surgery done.. (My dad RARELY sits and a computer or does anything that would cause this, but, okayyyy.) After thousands of dollars and weeks of recovery from this "needed" surgery, my dad still has the EXACT same symptoms. NOW they are talking about doing an MRI (although, the office staff will probably write the order for an MRI of his foot or something 😜) Dr. Heber had completely misdiagnosed my father and that led to my father having a completely UNNECESSARY surgery. Dr. Heber also used a safety pin that he had in his little "neurology kit" to scratch, poke and prod my skin to check sensation. Several times I felt the needle break my skin. He put it back in his kit without cleaning it in any way, which really alarmed me as to the safety precautions being taken to prevent disease spread and transmission. It was apparent that he used this safety pin on several patients a day, and all indications pointed to the fact that he did not clean it in between uses. I don't think he's heard of Hep. C and the like 😒 I will not be going back to this office... Ever.... And I highly recommend that you don't either.

January 18th, 2016
His office staff is HORRIBLY RUDE!! My husband suffered a brain injury several years ago and we were referred to Dr Heber. At that time his office staff was RUDE but we found Dr Heber helpful so we stayed. Recently my husband suffered a quick onset migraine with numbness in his extremities and also had vertigo. He was seen at the E.R. as well as we made 2 other trips to urgent care due his symptoms not getting better. Called to make him an appointment with Dr Heber as that is what we were told to do by the ER doctor and urgent care doctors. We were informed by his office staff that he needed to see his primary care doctor and get a referral. I explained to the office staff that we have a PPO insurance plan and we did not require a referral. I explained that he was seen at the ER as well as 2 times at urgent care. I was told by his office that I had to get his records sent to them and they would review to see if my husband needed an appointment. The office can get the records from the ER and urgent care. I was told it was my job not theirs to get the records. I explained that my husband was suffering from a extreme headache for over a week as well as vertigo. I was told that was the policy and no exceptions to the rule could happen. I asked them if it was their office policy to make people suffer and to my shock the gal said YES! I WILL NOT have my husband be treated that way. We will be seeing someone else!!

December 2nd, 2015
Rude Office Staff
Dr. Heber, while rather curt and inpatient, seemed quite knowledgeable. I cannot recommend this doctor, however, solely because of his office staff. Very rude, unhelpful, and unknowledgeable about HIPAA laws. I simply wanted them to fax a BLANK copy of the medical information release form to me. The office staff lady that I spoke to said, in a very huffy tone, that HIPAA laws do not allow them to fax the blank form to me. She stated that I have to come to their office in person, show photo ID, then I can have the blank form to fill out. I stated that she is not correct. I stated than any medical facility can fax a BLANK form (the HIPAA website backs this up). She became angry, rude, and refused to fax the form to me. After several days had passed trying to get help from another medical center to help obtain the records, Dr. Heber himself contacted my husband. Dr. Heber was very defensive and stood by his office staff, even though he knew that HIPAA regulations DO NOT prohibit a medical facility from faxing a BLANK medical release form to the patient. While Dr. Heber appears to be a competent physician, his office staff certainly is not. The fact that Dr. Heber condones such behavior from his office staff, makes his practice one that I cannot recommend. You cannot correct poor behavior that you won't aknowledge.

November 16th, 2015
Patient
Things are NOT looking good even before my appointment. The appointment reminder call I received from the office did not go well. I thought I had a 1;45 appointment. I was told to report at 1:15 to complete paper work, fair enough. So I said then my appointment time is for 1:15...meaning you want me there at 1:15. Then the caller got huffy, like I was an idiot. She began talking slowly as if trying to make me comprehend that I would see the Dr. at 1:45 but I would see her at 1:15. I will see how I'm treated when I arrive and why it would take 30 minutes to complete paper work. More later. Since the jury is still out and the review cannot be submitted without all the star ratings completed I am giving all a 3 star.

May 14th, 2015
I found Dr. Heber rude and he does not listen.

April 20th, 2013
The Doctor Kari K. Heber, MD I met was a MALE, not a female...
I've seen a lot of Neurologists throughout the U.S., including Pennsylvania Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia), Johns Hopkins (Baltimore), and OHSU in Portland, OR. He got to the root of my most recent auto-immune flare-up in just the first 10 minutes of meeting me.......because he LISTENED TO ME. He didn't just order a bunch of tests,,,,well, he DID order MRI's but he took to heart some things I said and as it turned out, something 'minor' turned out to cause a major flare-up......

June 2nd, 2011
Investigator
I work as an investigator and I am used to working with many different doctors. Dr. Heber was very professional and appeared to know what he was doing. His social skills are a little on the weak side, but he was not rude and was very open to answering questions truthfully and meticulously. I felt comfortable with his opinions and I was impressed with his expertise. His office staff on the other hand are rude, discourteous and quite frankly not the brightest bunch on the planet. They screwed up and continue to screw up my bill and then get threatening if you are even a little late. For that reason and that reason alone I would not recommend going to either Dr. Heber or his associates. Dont even try to call them; they do not know how to answer a phone. You can leave messages, but forget about getting a call back. It is a shame that Dr. Heber is stuck with such poor staff.

May 21st, 2011
Extremely Professional
Dr. Heber was extremely professional. He spent a great deal of time with me. I have been seeing neurologists for almost 40 years and am very impressed. He's very analytical. This is the type of neurologist you need when faced with possibly several disorders. I would highly recommend him.

April 2nd, 2010
Terrible doctor
Kari Heber "treated" me at the military hospital in Okinawa Japan. He tested me many times to reach the diagnosis of MMN. Then he refused to treat me. He is arrogant and a disgrace to the profession. I am happy to announce that after 7 years of no treatment and slow but continued deterioration of my health I went to another neurologist and am now getting proper treatment. My new doctor asserts that if I had prompt treatment I'd have maintained my muscle and strength...now we are hoping for the best considering the delay in proper care. Do not use Dr. Heber if you care about your health.

January 27th, 2010
Not impressed at all
My PCP sent me to this group, but to another doctor, who was unavailable until much later, and we needed to move forward on my issue. The original doctor was supposed to be 'an investigator,' a person who would look for a reason for something even if it didn't appear on standard tests. Dr. Heber was not this at all. I found his manner to be brusque, abrupt, and he did not appear to listen to me, instead, what appeared to me, to be jumping to other improbable causesthat didn't seem to fit the problem.Once my test results were back, he did no follow up, indicating instead that I should see another specialist, without even consulting with me.I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. As was recommended to me, and I should have followed up on it, find someone at UW!