Dr. Karima Hirani Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karima Hirani?

Binge Eating Disorder

Binge Eating Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Karima Hirani?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 8th, 2015

calls take so long to be answered. placed on hold for long period of time.

June 21st, 2011

I went to the doctor with lot of hope to see if doctor can suggest specific treatment based on my son's need. But she gave all the information which was very general which is easily available online. Was disappointed

February 4th, 2011

Excellent Doctor

Dr Hirani has been the most vital part of the treatment for our son's autism. She encouraged us to try many things. Some of these turn out to improve our son's condition, some worsen his condition, and some are the amazing key to recovery. For example, she suggested thyroid hormone. Once we got the dose right, it eradicated our son's sound, light, and touch sensitivities. Similarly, Oxytocin was potent in reducing his allergies and eliminating gut inflammation. On the other hand, some people have great experience with TMG, but our son reacted badly. So we stopped using it, and there was no long term harm.Autism is made up of many different pathologies and there is no single silver bullet. However, under Dr. Hirani, you can try out so many things. Some of them worked wonderfully and forcefully pushed our son's development. Our son acquired dialogue and social skills. He is now a strong and stable kid. He is imaginative and enjoys lots of pretend play with his sister. We experienced the bottom not that long ago, but we are almost forgetting those days. Now we just expect a very bright future for him.On a more practical note, we liked her simple, clear fee structure.

December 9th, 2010

Dr Hirani is TERRIFIC. Her management staff is HORRIBLE! Took forever to get tests results back and they used my credit card number to pay for other clients supplements. The office manager, who is also her husband, was NOT hopeful even though it was their mistake and I was wrongfully charged almost $600. Do NOT let them keep your credit card number on file unless you're willing to pay for other peoples services.

Doctor's Response

Frankly, we are surprised and insulted by the attack on our honesty and integrity. This patient made an appointment for her best friend and at the time gave her personal credit card for the new file. This is why her card was charged for supplements ordered remotely by her friend. In fact, the friend always instructed us to use the credit card on file. This situation lasted for almost two years without any objection by the patient. When the patient brought it to our attention that she had never wished to pay for her friend, we promptly issued a retroactive refund. The entire saga including the issue of a refund (and appropriate charge to friend) was less than 3 business days. Finally, this patient had already been under care for 6 years before she decided to recommend Dr. Hirani to her friend who lives out of state and make an appointment for her! It seems she thought highly enough of our office to recommend to a best friend who has since been a patient for two years. In any case, our office takes pride is providing boutique service to all our patients. As we do not accept insurance assignment, all of our patients are by referral from existing patients or other physicians based on positive outcomes and service. We are quite adept at protecting private health information, and in addition sensitive credit card data. I invite any prospective patient to communicate with our office should they have any concerns. Office Manager (and Husband)

SHOW

March 26th, 2010

I've checked out a lot of MDs; Dr. Hirani is exceptional

Once I found Dr. Karima Hirani in 2003, I stopped searching for an MD. My husband, my mother, and I consider ourselves very fortunate to be in her care. Why I highly recommend Dr. Hirani and the Hirani Wellness Medical Center: * It is by far the best-run medical practice of all the ones I checked out over about 9-10 yearsand I checked out a lot of them, actually sitting in waiting rooms to see what they were like after I had taken time to speak with the staff by phone. *Dr. Hiranis staff is courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly, all while being efficient, effective, and calm. Unlike what I saw at other offices, the staff at the Hirani Wellness Medical Center is not stressed-out. * The administrative side is run by Al, Dr. Hiranis husband, who has also always seemed calm, regardless of what he was dealing with. *Appointments at Dr. Hiranis are a stress-free experience. We rarely wait more than 5-8 minutes when we show up for our appointments. *Dr. Hirani, Al, and the staff care about us, the patients. *They are all good with men, women & children of all ages.*Dr. Hirani has a Masters Degree in Nutrition, which gives her more tools than most MDs, who can only offer drugs or surgery. Not only that, Dr. Hirani takes care of herself and her family in the same manner, so she also brings to the table her personal experience with staying healthy. *Dr. Hirani takes time to listen. *She looks to get rid of the underlying cause of symptoms, not just cover them up with medication. However, if medication is appropriate, she knows how to use it in combination with natural approaches to get even better results. *Dr. Hiranis personalized, natural approach not only helps us get well, it helps us stay healthy. * We get original copies of all lab results. *We dont have to make an appointment to get lab results; they are mailed to us w/ Dr. Hiranis comments, instructions, & suggestions. *Phone appointments (15 mins.) are available, which are great in-between any necessary office appointments and help keep cost down. *Like all MDs who integrate natural approaches (holistic MDs, integrative medicine MDs, complementary medicine MDs) Dr. Hirani will give a superbill for her services youve paid for you to submit to your insurance. UNLIKE other integrative MDs I checked out (and in the 9 years prior to finding Dr. Hirani, I checked out a lot), Dr. Hiranis office will bill lab tests directly to your insurance, saving you lots of time and hassles. *Since about 1994, I looked about every 2 or 3 years for an MD, getting referrals, calling all, narrowing down to a few, visiting their offices and sitting in their waiting rooms to get a sense of how their practice was run and, if any seemed worth making an appointment, doing so. For about 9 years I kept this up. Once I found Dr. Karima Hirani, I felt no need to search any further. She is by far the best I found, in all respects. Her office is centrally located, easy to get to, and since she runs on time, even parking is fine!

February 14th, 2009