Dr. Karin Burkhard MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 11th, 2017
MISDIAGNOSER!!!!!!!
IT TURNS OUT MY SON WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AN AUTOIMMUNE ILLNESS THAT WAS ATTACKING HIS BRAIN MAKING HIM ACT WACKY. DR BURKHARD SAID THERE IS NO SUCH THING AND WANTED TO JACK UP MY KID ON ALL KINDS OF PILLS. WE SAW AN IMMUNOLOGIST, HE PRESCRIBED ANTIBIOTICS AND NOW MY KID IS FINE. WE ARE VERY LUCKY. DO NOT TRUST HER!!!

December 23rd, 2015
Beware!
I would never recommend this doctor. I found her to be unethical in her dealings with my child and the school district. She was very rude to me and turned away my child in a time of need because she was upset with me. I understand that there are other Psychiatrists who are truly advocates for young children and I would urge you to do your research and find them. Stay away from someone who is "on the dole" with a school district. Also remember, if you don't like the evaluation and don't feel it adequately reflects your child's needs, you have the right to an independent evaluation given by a professional of your choice. And the district has to pay. Be careful of someone like this doctor. Not good!

October 18th, 2015
Dr. Burkhard seems to be a very knowledgeable doctor, but she is not an effective communicator. She doesn't listen objectively and doesn't validate your concerns. She was so dismissive and rude to me over the telephone when I called with valid concerns about my teenaged son that I changed doctors and we are much happier with our new doctor and glad me made the decision to leave the practice.

June 14th, 2015
Poor bedside manner. Quick to prescribe without thorough intake and proper diagnosis and no follow up whatsoever. If you are a parent seeking help for an adolescent, I strongly urge that you do further research.

October 11th, 2011
waste of money

July 28th, 2011
Dr. Burkhard is an excellent diagnostician. She was able to accurately diagnose my daughter after three years of being misdiagnosed.She's excellent with female issues. She also treated my son for many years and I believe that she is one of the reasons he is doing so well today. I highly recommend her.

May 11th, 2011
QUACK
If you want to be misdiagnosed and dependant on meds for the rest of your life, see her.

January 12th, 2011
Would never recommend this doctor. Will abandon you - will not want to bother with you if you ever call her. Poor with diagnosing and treating. Would recommend going elsewhere.

June 6th, 2017