Dr. Karina Irizarry Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karina Irizarry?

Asthma

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Karina Irizarry?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 22nd, 2015

The front staff could have more phone ethic when it come talking to concern parents and courtesy in the matter. The providers are awesome!!

July 2nd, 2013

My baby 8 months was underweight and refused to eat.

I am a single mom and a new mom as well. no experience to raise a baby so i was desesperada y preocupada porque mi baby no le gustaba comer y la dr. hizo todo lo humanamente y clinicamente posible para buscar la razon y el tratamiento adecuado por mi baby . gracias a DIOS todo estaba muy bien con mi bebe solo que el es muy sencible a las texturas de la comida solida y la dra me dio un medicamento excelente que nos ayudo a que mi bebe se comenzara a comer y hacernos la vida mucho mas facil. Muchisimas Gracias Dra Karina.

May 1st, 2012

I had taken my son to Dr.Irizarri for tremendous, torturous abdominal pain.Dr. Irizzari immediatly said it was I.B.S. without even examining him.I continued going to her in hopes of finding answers to my sons pains ,even though I believed strongly it was not I.B.S., becasue he did not have the typical symptoms. She did not listen to my son or me. Unfortunatly I found her to have promised to my son help for his pain and stated that she would"" get him better."I found her staff extremly rude, unprofesional and very cold on the phone.She Never returned calls from office or did the office staff. Once when I called Dr.Irizzari, because my son was now dealing with violent screaming pain daily, and I needed to speak to her about his situation getting worse and worse every week then into months, when she finally picked up her phone she spitted out in a loud rude tone on the phone Yes!!! what is it you want?!I was shocked at her unprofesionalism and how she lacked knowledge to not only diagnose my son properly but left him in continual torment for months. He suffered greatly and she did not have the expertise and knowledge to diagnose him. Thankfully I found a excellant Gasterologist who diagnosed my son and is now beeing treated properly. Dr. Irizarri I would not recomend as I feel her lack of knowledge and unability to be able to diagnose my son was a complete waste of time. I spent a year with her, my son was put through tons of tests ,but all he needed was one perticular test done we found out a year later, that diagnosed him with in 24 hours!! It took 24 hours from Shands and I had my diagnosis. Dr. Irizarri was incapable of finding a proper diagnosis and left my son very ill for a long time while he suffered greatly. I was very dissapointed with her, her office staff, and her inability to have the expertiese and skills needed, she is still fairly new, has much to learn.

January 11th, 2012

Great doctor! She is very caring and good at taking extra time. We never feel rushed out of office. Communicates well with both child & parent. We see this doctor VERY FREQUENTLY (unfortunatly) in her Brandon location, and the office is all very friendly and ost of the time, there is little wait time. She is GOOD, so sometimes last minute appointments are hard to get in.

June 29th, 2011

Staff a Nightmare!

Dr Irizarry is pleasant. The staff at the office treats parents as through they are idiots. They take forever to follow up on a phone call/message and are just not very nice!

April 29th, 2011

Great doctor!!!

Dr. Irizarry is the BEST! She is so sweet and makes my daughter feel super comfortable. She is always open to discussing problems and never makes you feel like she is rushing..

December 29th, 2010

My Three week old

Dr Irizarry is very nice. The staff are incompetent and unresponsive. It took over two days to have them fax the necessary paperwork for a procedure to be done for my 3 week old baby. When expressing my frustration with their inability to deliver on their promises I was told that the office is very busy and to call back later that day. (I had already called three times that day) Specifically, I want to thank Amanda for being so short and aloof with a concerned parent.

September 7th, 2010

Just Wonderful!!!

Dr. Irizarry has been amazing with my son. He has many issues and we have visited various GI Specialist in our area but for the first time we found a doctor that take the time to listen to us. Dr Irizarry has called us home just to check up on us. Plus she takes the time to communicate with my son other doctors. Finally my son is gaining weight!

January 18th, 2010

Horrible!

I took my 4 week old baby to this doctor and she was AWFUL! I explained the symptoms my baby had to her, but she barely listened and immediately said he had reflux. I knew it was something worse & more severe than that, but she just pretty much dismissed it. She told me to bring him back "in a week" to see if he's lost any weight. Well, he ALREADY was under his birth weight, how much more weight did he need to lose??? Well, I was completely dissatisfied with her so I took my baby to the ER that night at 3am and those doctors immediately suspected and tested him for Pyloric Stenosis and confirmed he had it. He was severely dehydrated and was admitted to the hospital for immediate surgery. Dr. Irizarry should have spotted this right away, this is her specialty for goodness sake and she didn't even mention it or test him for it!!!!! Thank goodness I followed my own instinct. My baby was on death's door and that doctor was truly AWFUL! My brother is a doctor/surgeon and he was soooo mad when he heard about this and says she shouldn't even have a medical license! You don't play around when it comes to young newborn babies! Especially when they are vomiting and not holding down any food!

May 11th, 2017