Dr. Karl Buechsenschuetz DO Patient Reviews

November 23rd, 2014
Dr. B was the third surgeon I saw for my back problem. I had been through 6 months of invasive and painful treatments with only temporary success, and had been told there was nothing further that could be done for my back. A woman from my church recommended Dr. B very highly after she had had a 15 minute surgery with him that cured the 5 months of pain she'd had from a fracture - she absolutely insisted that I see him, which I finally did. At my third visit, after some imaging and lots of discussion, Dr. B recommended a procedure that two previous surgeons told me would not help me. However, Dr. B was very patient and answered all my questions, and he was very honest with me about my chances of success, but he also explained in detail why he thought surgery would help me. After much thought and deliberation, I decided to have the surgery. I was very surprised that Dr. B recommended doing the procedure at a surgery center, as I had been told by previous surgeons that I would have to be hospitalized. The surgery took just less than an hour, and I had less pain after surgery than I had before! Dr. B was careful to say that he'd used steroids and a local pain medication, and that some or even all of my pain could return, but he was confident that I'd be better. Six months later, the pain never did come back, and I feel better now than I have in a couple of years! My husband says he can't even find the surgical scars on my back, either!

February 15th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
I have enjoyed my association with Dr. B. Office wait was average but I felt Dr.B spent sufficient time with me. He diagnosed my problems quickly and accurately. I would HIGHLY recommend this doctor.