A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karl Anderson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karl Anderson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Liver Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Anderson graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Anderson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospital at Galveston
- UTMB at Galveston
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Anderson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans