A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karl Anderson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Anderson
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Anderson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karl Anderson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Anderson graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Anderson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospital at Galveston
- UTMB at Galveston
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karl Elmo Anderson MD is a male Internist, has 46 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Karl E. Anderson practice?
- Dr. Karl Anderson has 5 office locations.
Dr. Karl Anderson practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Dickinson, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Galveston, TX and Texas City, TX.
See Dickinson Internists and Dickinson Gastroenterologists.