A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karl Fukunaga:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Karl Fukunaga is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karl Fukunaga, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Fukunaga graduated from University of California at Irvine. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Fukunaga has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Little Company of Mary Hospital
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fukunaga accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 90 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans