Dr. Karl Hofammann MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 4 reviews

June 29th, 2016
Never would go back to this doctor. Spent no time with me, no privacy, no respect for my pain yadee yadee

June 15th, 2013
Great Doctor!
I saw Dr. Hofammann at his St Vincent's East office. The office staff was prompt and courteous . His office was full and I anticipated a long wait but he was on time and I really appreciated it. He was very focused on my injury and not all that chatty but he diagnosed me and his diagnosis was spot on, unlike my previous doctor. I am well now after a surgery and I thank Dr. Hofammann.

September 10th, 2012
THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED PATIENT
I recently visited Dr. Hoffammann's Talladega, AL office to get my left knee MRI results. Dr. told me they MRI was clear, and after asking him if it was possible that I might have developed arthiritis, he told me that it was more likely due to the fact that I am overweight. Okay, I can accept that, and I have been working with my primary physician on my weight issue already. Then he goes on to refer to me as "a ton of logs being pulled by a half ton truck"! Dr. Hoffammann's bedside manner is all but nonexistent! I am assuming that he skimmed right over my registration papers, which clearly state that I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, PTSD, have severe anxiety, et cetera. I held my composure and politely thanked him and told him that no, I would not like for him to set me up for physical therapy and I would continue to deal with the pain of my knees - the one discussed, I had surgery on 10 years ago - with my primary care physician. Then I had a panic attack when I reached my car and cried my eyes out. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP, DR. OBLIVIOUS TO YOUR PATIENTS' FEELINGS!

October 14th, 2010
His bark is worse than his bite! Awesome surgeon!
I had heard some not so good things about Dr Hofammann's "bedside manner" so I was hesitant to go to him when I needed knee surgery. He was actually just a "second opinion" that my insurance required before they would pay for my surgery so I really didn't go in having any idea that I would use him! The first thing that I noticed was how his nurses treated him. They loved him! And, his office manager, Patsy had moved heaven and earth to get a time where I could come in without losing a vacation day at work. He is BIG! And GRUFF! But he is also caring and kind and as I sat in the waiting room with children, oldsters and patients my age, I started listening to them talk about him. They all loved him and laughed about his "bark". One older lady with a heavier frame told me that he said to her in reference to her knees, "You've got a Cadillac body on a Volkswagen chassis!" He had replaced both her knees and she was very pleased with him and his surgery. I changed doctors after seeing him and wanted to write this because he is the best doctor I have ever had! He is a diamond in the rough! Thank you Dr Hofammann and Patsy for everything you have done for me.