Dr. K Mccowen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. K Mccowen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 7th, 2017

Great doctor, kind , patient, supportive, extremely knowledgeable. Lost a great doctor when he retired.

February 14th, 2016

The very best .

March 18th, 2014

Doctor of Audiology

Best Physician I have ever had. Was very sad to see him retire in 2013 (interesting review from person in 2014!). Best physician I have ever had in my 63 years of age. Very caring, thorough, thoughtful, spot on with diagnosis and love that he treats all of us with respect, supplies us with data we need to make a best decision together for my health.

March 12th, 2014

Poor Bedside Manner

I've seen Dr McCowan since I was 19 years old. I'm now 35 and had to look for a new Dr as last time I went to visit Dr McCowan, I opened up to him about a previous visit involving one of his nurses and her freaking out and scaring me which actually started giving me anxiety going to Drs. His response: "well, that was a reason to be concerned". While I understand this, his lack of care and empathy is frustrating. His scheduling and front desk staff are horrible. Rude, curt and not helpful. And good luck if you ever need to call in and speak to a nurse. Back in the day, I had a different opinion of Dr Mccowan. He seemed to care, seemed to be through. In the last few years of care I received, I felt like I was more just a paycheck coming in...40 minute wait to see him for a 5 minute appointment and no guidance from MRI results or lab work. And that is another thing - you have to call to get your lab results. They don't mail them or call you or even discuss in appointments since it's usually from 6 months ago. I really felt like Dr McCowan didn't care about me...and he seemed bored in his job and cold.

June 21st, 2013

Best of the Best

Dr. Mc Cowen is one of the top endocrinologists in the country. More important, he cares. He takes time to listen , time to treat the patient not just the disease. He is patient, supportive and understanding. The very best there is.

April 22nd, 2013

Patient

He is one of the Best Dr. I have ever had. He takes his time and cares for his patients. He is always caring, honest, and take the time to answer all my questions. Wish all Dr.'s were like him. Thank you Dr. Mc. Cowen for everything you have done and do for me.

September 23rd, 2010

Office Wait Time

Waiting time is ridiculous! I waited 45 minutes for an appointment! I should be paid my fees for waiting so long! then Dr was nasty when I complained about the length of time spent waiting!

July 17th, 2008

Best endocrinologist in the USA

...in my opinion. I have been a patient of his for 25 years and even though I moved out of WA, I've been treking 1400 miles to have an appt. with him once a year. I was having a difficult time with my health in my early 40's and finally obtained an appt with Dr McCowen. I was diagnosed, treated and followed up all these many years. How I wish he were in my present state. I've been fortunate to have excellent physicians most of my life but this is the one in whom I developed the most confidence. The office is busy and they have a large patient load so you need to be patient. Any waiting is worth the time believe me.

August 12th, 2017