inactive

Karl R Olsen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 19th, 2016
Dr. Olsen is one of the best doctors I have had. Very experienced, knowledgeable with excellent bedside manner.

September 24th, 2015
Vitrectomy patient
Dr. Olsen is a very talented and extremely reputable eye surgeon. He repaired several disasters in my right eye which occurred from another surgeon's mistakes. 70% of my central vision in my right eye was blocked from a huge piece of retina debris. I also had large rays of light streaking across my vision because my lens was in the wrong position and unsecured. Dr. Olsen repositioned my lens, secured it, and removed all the large pieces of debris in my vitreous jelly. After surgery with Dr. Olsen I have PERFECT vision. Excellent visual acuity is priceless and I can't thank the very talented Dr. Olsen enough for restoring mine.

June 8th, 2015
He is so caring and calming. Greatest doctor.

September 29th, 2013
All I can say is, I believe Dr. Olsen has saved my sight in my right eye. Thank you Doctor!

May 15th, 2013
An Amazing Professional
My mother has wet macular degeneration. After a bleeding incident several months ago, she had a severe floater that basically robbed her of functional eyesight. Through surgery, Dr Olsen was able to get rid of the floater and save my mother's vision. This guy knows his stuff, GREAT at explaining procedures. In a word, he is fantastic.

February 25th, 2013
The Best in this State and possibly the Country!!
I saw Dr. Olsen for a vitreous bleed in my eyes years ago. I was seen by him immediately on the same day I had the problem. So, I can't really complain that it takes sometimes over an hour to see him for a regularly scheduled appointment - I have been seeing him for several years now, and have had 3 surgeries. He was there when I needed him most. His bedside manner is the very best, and thanks to him, I am still able to see. What a blessing he has been.

September 29th, 2012
very fine doctor
the greatest love him

October 13th, 2011
A Tough Call to Recommend
I first visited Dr. Olsen due to a retinal detachment emergency, so I had no time to research. Dr. Olsen is an excellent physician and a fine fellow. You absolutely would want him as your retinal surgeon or your brother-in-law. However -- and he must take his share of responsibility for this -- the office scheduling and wait times are atrocious. Those who run this medical practice have NO regard whatsoever for patients' time. They mass schedule patients for the same time, then see them. You may wait HOURS.