A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karl Rathjen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Karl Rathjen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karl Rathjen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Rathjen graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Rathjen has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
- Children's Medical Center of Dallas
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rathjen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Karl E. Rathjen practice?
Dr. Karl Rathjen practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, and Pediatrics near Dallas, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Plano, TX.
See Dallas Orthopedic Surgeons, Dallas Pediatric Surgeons, and Dallas Pediatricians.