Dr. Karl Spector MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Bel Air, MD

December 10th, 2016
Patient
Dr Spector, is a great understanding doctor , he is always kind and never rushes you out the door. He has been my doctor for all most 20 years and i hope for many more years.

August 17th, 2015
Dr. Spector has been my primary care doctor for awhile now. I have a great deal of respect for him and his knowledge and treatment in medicine. What I find to be an asset with him is that he is very direct with you and tells you as it is. You do not have to 2nd guess anything he says.

December 11th, 2014
AWESOME DOCTOR!
Been going to this doctor for addiction for about 6 years now and I just love him!

January 2nd, 2014
Rude and Incompetent Office Staff
The office staff is rude and often times mixes up the appointments of the patients. They have cancelled my appointment and rescheduled me. I went to the rescheduled appointment and they claim to have notified me. I got the notification and rescheduled but they rescheduled me when the Dr. was on vacation. When I pointed out their error, they snarled and yelled at me and accused me of using profanity because I said "asinine". Really? They do not text, they do not email and they do not give proper notification. The office staff in the past have lost my documents, mixed up dates yet they never forget to charge me the co-pay. Do not go to the Bel Air office.

September 13th, 2013
STAY AWAY
I never even got to see the doctor. I have a newborn and I was late for the appointment, so then I called at 10 ( only 45 minutes after my appointment) and they told me that under their no show no call policy they would refuse me service. I was never informed of this, but the receptionist Amanda swears she told me. they are rude and mean people, and don't care about their patients one bit. all they care about is there money

July 29th, 2013
patient
I had a very frustrating and unprofessional experience at Spector's recently -- specifically his Physician's Asst and staff. I had severe lumbar strain and stayed home from work an additional week (after the first week) at the instruction of the PA. My disability company kept denying my request to have the second week covered and kept insisting more info was needed. Why? The PA and staff had never faxed over a letter they asked me to draft (for the PA's signature -- unprofessional in and of itself) AND they had ignored three calls from my disability insurance company. The claim was FINALLY approved but only because my chiropractor was kind enough to send all of his notes and a summary report (in fact, the full claim was approved the day after I faxed his materials). I have since changed my "primary care" to Patient First (I go there all the time anyway - it's more convenient). Although I sent an urgent fax to Spector himself, I highly doubt it was seen by his eyes and am CERTAIN the entire office read the fax (which included the letter from the insurance company as well as them otherwise dropping the ball on my claim. I wouldn't go there if they were the last dr's office in Bel Air. Patient beware!!!!!

June 20th, 2011
HORRIBLE DOCTOR
WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!! completely rude; I have never been treated with as much disrespect as he treated me. He sat in there for five minutes, (I've been vomiting each day for the past two weeks) and told me "well why would you see me? What do you expect me to do? Why didn't you just go see a gastroenterologist? There is not a answer for everything, you may just have to accept that there may never be a reason for this..." without even examining me!!!! I seriously will never ever go here again, and if you want to go to a caring doctor, DO NOT GO HERE!! He made me feel so stupid and just left out of the room after giving me a referral and without saying goodbye. I left feeling very confused and frustrated.

September 22nd, 2010
The best doctor in Bel Air
I have been seeing Dr. Spector for years and for that matter so has my family and most of my close friends. He is extremely kind, considerate and a very caring physician. He takes his time and listens closely to your questions and concerns. I have never felt rushed while I was being seen by him. He truly cares about his patients and how they feel. I have had a few emergencies over the years, and if I have to call in after hours, I always get an immediate return call. I have never had difficulty getting an appointment to see him. His staff is efficient, friendly and very helpful.

March 14th, 2008
The best Doctor I've been to.