Dr. Karl Kumler MD Patient Reviews

1.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 9th, 2012
feel worse than when I got there
Didn't listen to me and what was hurting. Cried and couldn't look at him during appt and he showed no emotion. Worst medical experience of my life. Still in pain and wasted my time,

May 6th, 2011
Bad medical advice
My husband is in the military so he needs to stay in shape. We were referred to Dr. Kumler due to my husband shoulder pain (diagnosed slap tear in shoulder) that was brought on by a a broken elbow & dislocated shoulder sustained a few years earlier. The doctor came in and treated us as if we were wasting his time complaining. He was constantly cutting my husband off as he was trying to explain the pain. My husband explained that he is in the military and needs his shoulder for another 7+ years in order to retire. The doctor said he was going to put a "block" in it...we had no clue on what he meant. Next thing we knew he pulls something out of his pocket and does something to my husbands shoulder. That's when we seen him throw away a needle. He gave him a cortisone shot without telling him!!! It would have been nice to use the correct term vice "block"! He then told my husband that because he is not a professional sports player that he just needs to deal with the pain!!! We left very disappointed. My husband was in excruciating pain for the next 3 days due to the shot. We recently went to another Dr and he diagnosted him with a secondary issue of a rotator cuff issue and of course the original problem of a slap tear. If this was initially taken care of by Dr. Kumler then the rotator issue would not be as bad or even not occurred at all! He hardly can use that arm anymore due to the pain...he can only hold our baby on the one side because his arm may give out on the other side. I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone unless you have a very small issue if even that. This is only our experience. The Dr we now have is awesome and is taking care of everything!

September 6th, 2010
Medical Horror
It has been some-time since my one and only visit with this person. I will never forget the experience; it seems like yesterday. An insurance company had scheduled my appt. Upon arrival, I was asked to fill-out forms, which, of course, I did. I asked the nurse if I could have a copy of what I HAD JUST written. She refused. She was mean and acted as if she hated me. I had never seen her before that day. I had presented myself for evaluation already quite ill and in pain. Mr Kumler did a cursory exam, hurt me, created more pain, and said I was as healthy as a horse. Only a doctor in the pocket of an insurance company would have stated that. It was heartless and cruel. I staggered out of the place, and in turn saw another doctor, and also went to The Cleveland Clinic. The second doctor diagnosed me properly as did The Cleveland Clinic, and both understood my intractable pain. The Clinic advised that I enter an in-patient pain managment program. I should have written this sooner because one wonders if this Kumler ever caused an unnecessary death of pushed someone into suicide.There you have my opinion of what happened to me, and my initiation into the world of doctors who lie about patients in order to obtain future insurance company business.

September 10th, 2015