A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karl Welke:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karl Welke, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Welke graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Welke has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Tacoma General Hospital
- Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karl F Welke MD is a male Surgeon, has 16 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Karl F. Welke practice?
- Dr. Karl Welke has 3 office locations.
Dr. Karl Welke practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Surgery near Portland, OR.
Additional practice locations include: Tacoma, WA and Seattle, WA.
See Portland Surgeons.