A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karl Welke:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Welke
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Welke Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karl Welke, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Welke graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Welke has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill
- Tacoma General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karl F Welke MD is a male Surgeon, has 17 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Karl F. Welke practice?
- Dr. Karl Welke has 1 office location.
Dr. Karl Welke practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Peoria, IL.
See Peoria Surgeons.