A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karl Welke:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karl Welke, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Welke graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Welke has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Tacoma General Hospital
- Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Welke accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Community Health Plan of Washington - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Karl F. Welke practice?
Dr. Karl Welke practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Surgery near Portland, OR.
Additional practice locations include: Tacoma, WA and Seattle, WA.
See Portland Surgeons.