Dr. Karl Zeff Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Karl Zeff?

December 28th, 2016

Dr. Zeff belittles me and is down right abusive. He is verbally and emotionally abusive.

I literally have anxiety just thinking about going to see him. He takes advantage of my mental illness, to poke fun at me and different aspects of my life. He enjoys making fun of me like a child bully. When I try to explain to him what I need help with, he responds with oh you are fine. I tend to leave in tears and anxiety attacks. I always thought that doctors are supposed to do no harm.This man is not only harmful but does nothing to help me.The only reason I continue to see him is to refill my meds and my health insurance. A man like this doesn't deserve to be a doctor.

July 21st, 2016

I was prescribed so many medications I developed Serotonin Toxicity and had to be hospitalized. For the six months before the hospitalization I made several visits complaining about muscle twitches and feeling groggy. He kept telling me I looked fine to him. Stay away.

October 9th, 2015

Horrifying!

Terrifying experience!

May 13th, 2014

Team player

Works well with people and will listen to your needs.

April 13th, 2014

Truthful

I am grateful that appointments have been easily available and Dr. will see you in a emergency or make referral. Dr. is very prompt, unless he has been put behind by other patient possibly that had last minute needs. I appreciate suggestions he has made and realize the importance. I feel insurance gives 15 minutes and will make more time if needed if you arrange for this prior to appointment or thru your insurance. The first appointment that is maybe a bit longer. Talk therapy is for the clinician. I also like that he has a great Psych Nurse that will take messages and get back to you thru Dr. Zeff. What more could you want. Very organized print out of paper work at end of visit, just make sure you look at it and pay attention when he is explaining.

October 28th, 2013

Dishonest and rude. Disregards patient and doctor confidentiality. Always at least 15 minutes late and will only spend 10 minutes tops with you. Will do nothing to help your mental well-being besides take your money and give you drugs. I've been through a number of doctors because of a number of moves in recent years, but he is the only one I would describe definitively as bad. In simplest terms, unprofessional and uncaring, in it for a paycheck.

August 14th, 2013

Understands everything all the time- even if he acts like he does not.

Amazing empathy for extended military families. Was Army so he expects the best effort from everyone- true Army attitude! Makes you feel really good about yourself and your family situations. He always takes care of you, and definitely has your back covered. He has many cute puppets for children. And he really loves God... It would be so nice if he would friend us on Facebook- because he would be your best friend. The staff is not just courteous they are wonderful and will surprise you. :)

July 10th, 2013

gross,unprofessional

This doctor is disgusting,talked to my son for 5 minutes and precsribed him a strong drug which I had to wean him off of. I later called thinking it was his office but got his home phone instead and he told me can call him anytime at home If I liked but for different reasons,very creepy and made me feel extremely uncomfortable,I'm amazed he still has his job!!

July 7th, 2013

I Finally Found My Psychiatrist

I finally found the best psychiatrist when I quit Mercy and changed medical plans. I had been clearly diagnosed for years and properly medicated, but Dr. Zeff pretty much told me all my former doctors were quacks. Though he didn't believe the diagnoses or medications, he did prescribe them. If I came in particularly anxious, he claimed I was faking it. Visiting him was a chore, but a necessary evil. I finally changed plans, found a psychiatrist who confirmed my diagnosis of over twenty + years, agreed with my meds and spoke to me with care and compassion. It's hard to find a good psychiatrist and second opinions can be expensive as well. This is one doctor to be avoided at all costs. You deserve to be treated like a human being - choose someone else.

June 6th, 2013

Perfect doctor for my son

Dr. Zeff has been a lifesaver for my family. My son was suffering with Anxiety and ADHD symptoms as a result of his ASD. We had seen other doctors that just wanted to throw medication at him. Dr. Zeff took the time to talk to him and us, figure out what our concerns were, and after several appointment, finally we all decided to slowly introduce some medication to help him control his symptoms. He is always giving us additional resources to read or contact for non-medical interventions. We LOVE Dr. Zeff, and will never see another psychiatrist again.

March 1st, 2013

Dysfunctional doctor

This doctor needs a psychiatrist. He is totally dysfunctional in all areas necessary to treat patients. He had no interest in listening to how I was coping with anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder. He rolled his eyes back when I told him I fractured my hip and was needing a second surgery. His only interest was typing on the computer and telling me that the only med that was helping me, I shouldn't take 3 times a day. Wow! I'm limited to other options since I belong to an HMO and will see what I can do to get help.

November 13th, 2012

Military

Dr. Zeff is a Military doctor and always tries to be like he is still in the military. It's his way or the highway, he doesn't listen to what you think is best for you he does what he wants.