Dr. Karla Dick DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 21st, 2016
Great Dr.
Made me feel very comfortable right off the bat. After my first visit, her staff made me feel comfortable, even though I squirm when giving blood during my lab work. Wasn't the staff, I'm just a baby when it comes to needles. Long story short, Dr. K.D. has is my primary Doc every since the first visit.

April 4th, 2016
excellent doctor would recommend her to anyone

February 29th, 2016
Doesn't really listen to what you have to say
I went in for chest pain and she told me that I could possibly be constipated. Which I wasn't and I told her this. Regardless of fact, she ordered x rays of my chest (which I had expected)but also ordered one for my abdomen. $257 later I had nothing to go on except that if the pain doesn't go away then I should go to the hospital. I made an appointment with another doctor there and he diagnosed me with pleurisy.

February 26th, 2016
Very good at what she does. Who could ask for more?

May 11th, 2015
A bully and a cheater!
This doctor is highly opinionated and rude. The whole time she was talking with me she was on her computer. I don't remember even making eye contact. She was also trying to rush through the appointment. I disagreed with her over a medication she wanted me to take and she was very rude about it. Following the visit, she sent me the results of my blood test and when it got to the part about the issue of the medication she typed it in all caps and in bold. I found this to be very insulting, like she was yelling at me. Months later, she sent me another letter telling me she hadn't seen me for a while and again she put in caps and in bold about the issue of the medication. When I got the insurance summary of what she billed the insurance company I saw she billed them $519.00 for one office visit and a routine blood test. The office visit was less than a half-hour long. If you want to know why the cost of health care is so high, this is why! Needless to say, I never went back to her again. I do not recommend this doctor at all!

April 13th, 2015
Most of these ratings would be higher than a 5 if you allowed it. The only thing close to a problem is the wait for the appointment desk to answer when you call.

March 30th, 2015
She was very condescending , disrespectful , and shoot down things I was trying to explain to her what was going on with me . Did not like her at all

January 30th, 2015
Hope!
Absolutely wonderful! I have never been so happy about finding a doctor as I am with finding her! She actually sat down and LISTENED to me and for once I felt heard. I actually had hope after my appointment opposed to feeling defeated and insignificant as I have previously.

December 27th, 2013
Dr who cares
I have been going to Dr Karla for about 4 years now. My experiences with her has been five star. She is NEVER RUDE or CONDESCENDING. I have always felt from my first visit that she cares about me not only as a patient but as a person. I would and have recommended her to anyone.

September 10th, 2013
Frank and thorough
This Dr. is frank and thorough. If you want someone who just Pushes pills on you go elsewhere If you want someone who wants To help you get well and puts the responsibility on you to do your part In your health care see her.

June 14th, 2013
Rudest MD at FHCA
Although somewhat knowledgeable in her field of medicine, Dr. KDick lacks little to no compassion or bedside manner to speak of. She is curt without allowing you to explain your symptoms as if she knows the diagnosis with little input from the patient. She also delivers a sharp tongue when you try to explain your needs. I would not recommend Dr. KDick to my worst enemy.

May 29th, 2013
Rude!!
She was so rude and disrespectful! She did not do an examination on me. I was presented for abdominal discomfort and abnormal bowel movements. She asked NO questions on symptoms, did not palpate my abdomen, nothing! It was as if she walked in with a diagnosis in hand based only on "abdominal pain". She "diagnosed" me with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Did no testing. I went elsewhere and did food trials and found out I am Gluten Intolerant. I will NEVER go back there.