Emergency Physician, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones), Pediatricians, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)

2701 Ocean Park Blvd
Ste 101
Sunset Park, Santa Monica, CA 90405
310-452-1990
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Unprofessional Office  |  show details
by Disappointed Patient on Oct 10th, 2013

I decided to see Dr. Ullis because of his BACKGROUND. But, I EXPERIENCED 70-year-old Dr. Ullis to be forgetful, mistake prone, and dishonest / devious (more like a businessman than like a doctor). Dr. Ullis failed to provide me with a CONSISTENT supply of PERMANENTLY needed HCG for primary hypogonadism (his diagnosis of my condition). Dr. Ullis ALSO consistently failed to JUSTIFY this failure on his part. Dr. Ullis prescribed HCG to me in such a way that made it financially necessary for me to order HCG ONLY through his office at the cost of $100.- for a one months supply of 11,000 International Units (which he obtains from APS Compounding in FL for only $58.-), or I would have to pay $300.- for approximately the same amount NON-compounded HCG every month. When I would ask for a prescription so that I could shop around on my own to have this PERMANENTLY NEEDED prescription filled, he refused to give me a larger-sized prescription of HCG than 10,000 International Units; which is too small a prescription to be compounded. In short, he blockades me from obtaining inexpensive compounded HCG on my own while simultaneously he offers compounded HCG but ONLY WHEN it is ordered thru his office at his inflated price. Not only would I never recommend Dr. Ullis to anyone, - I feel I have an ethical responsibility to the public to make this report.

|  An excellent rare type of doctor: one who listens and cares  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2013

Dr. Ullis is an excellent doctor who really takes time to understand a problem and is committed to finding the best solution for the patient. He's smart, understands the body, and will go that extra distance to help. His focus on health and prevention is admirable and heartfelt. Conti, and the rest of the staff have always been helpful, friendly, and responsive. The office space is comfortable, and it's set within a nice courtyard. The only challenging thing I can think of is that parking can sometimes be a little tricky on that popular Ocean Park block, so leave a couple of extra minutes... Great doctor! I highly recommend him!

|  show details
by gary on Nov 16th, 2008

Excellent doctor, unique and friendly, great bedside manner. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Personally concerned with my issues. Willing to make appointments after hours as well. Willing to look at alternative treatments and complementary medicine. Highly recommended for sports medicine and antiaging issues.