Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Great Doctor (Doctor that cares) show details Great Doctor (Doctor that cares)
by Richard Daryl Liles on Dec 30th, 2013

I had a doctor at Pain Center in Durham . NC He didn't help at all . He gave me to much pain meds. Wouldn't listen to me at all ! Dr Artis listen to you & talk to you as a person . He help you & If he can't . He sent you to someone who can. Dr Artis has got me stable . Now if Dr Artis could turn back aging . I would be Happier . We love you...

a Preacher, not a Psychiatrist show details a Preacher, not a Psychiatrist
by Danny Holyfield on Jul 26th, 2013

My wife and I just had an appointment for our daughter with Dr. Artis. We did a family session first, during which a bible verse was mentioned once - it did not bother me at the time but it was foreshadowing of how this visit would end. Dr. Artis then had a private session with Courtney and had us back in for follow-up. His final question to us was 'Do You believe in God?'. I though that strange as our religious beliefs are irrelevant to the psychiatric treatment of our daughter, but I simply replied 'No' and my wife 'Spiritual, not religious'. Dr. Artis immediately became rude and condescending with comments such as 'well, your daughter told me something like that, I see where she gets". He then proceeded to attempt to convert me with his own version of the classic "There are no atheists in foxholes" argument. I found this extremely inappropriate and asked Dr. Artis why he would ask such a thing, what his meaning was. From that point on, he simply backed down and claimed that he had only asked a random question. At any rate, this "Dr" is more concerned with saving yours our your children's souls than he is their minds. Our daughter told us that during the private session, she was asked her religious beliefs, and then told they were wrong by Dr. Artis. Dr. Artis belongs in a pulpit, not a practice. If you're looking for an ultra-religous Christian zealot, Dr. Artis is your man. But if you would rather not get into religious arguments because you believe differently than him, look elsewhere for treatment.

concerned patient show details concerned patient
Dec 19th, 2011

Their office is horrible. They are rude and mess up the insurance filing every time!! The place is dirty. It is a very disgusting office and I will never go there again.