Internist, Rheumatologist

2.0

Oct 16th, 2013

I agree with a few of the other reviews. This woman has NO bedside manner. She treated me as if I was stupid (despite my college education and professional career) and actually even said, "SOMEONE has been doing too much reading..." when I asked specific questions about the rheumatological illness for which I had already been given a diagnosis. There was one visit in which she had an intern in with us. That person was a hundred times more humane than she was, even helping me get my socks on because of swelling in my legs. Chan wrote off the swelling as circulatory problems. She does NOT listen to your symptoms or try to put together all the pieces of the rheumatological puzzle, as the head of the practice Dr. Horwitz indicates is essential (in an article I read about him). She acts as if she is better than anyone.

Aug 10th, 2013

I would not ever return to this doctor!

Aug 6th, 2012

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Jul 7th, 2012

No. Stay very far away. Otherwise, strange medications will find their way into your hands as she dismisses all of your concerns. Plus, the staff will try to get you to schedule future appointments so you can wait 1 hour just to see her again, so steer away while you still have the chance.

|  Not worth it  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

I was very unsatisfied with Dr. Chan. I actually felt like she brushed off my symptoms completely. I went to her for unexplained joint pain and swelling. She didn't have a good explanation for me (which I can understand, as neither did my primary care doctor). However, I felt like she was giving me no helpful suggestions about what could be done to possibly diagnose it and she actually suggested a sleeping pill. I don't really understand what one thing has to do with the other. Her whole demeanor just suggested that she wanted to get me out of the office as quickly as possible and that she thought I might be making my symptoms up. Completely unhelpful and I am seeking a second opinion!

May 29th, 2012

Dr. Chan has given me a diagnosis by exclusion, but it still has helped me address my problem. She is warm, caring and very informed on current treatments for my condition.

|  Dr. Karmela Chan  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

Unhelpful, did not diagnose my problems. I recommend seeking help elsewhere.