Dr. Karol Zakalik MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 2nd, 2017
Top Doc!
One office staff member is very unprofessional, to the point of being extremely rude. I have never been treated so poorly by a receptionist/office staff in the medical field ever. It is upsetting to call and hope she will not answer the phone especially when Dr. Zakalik is out of his office. He is a very gifted doctor and I would not trust anyone but him for the health care I needed.

October 10th, 2016
By Lisa Sabra on October 10, 2016
Dr. Zakalik is an amazing surgeon. I highly recommend him. I was very nervous because I wasn't sure which doctor I should go to. I did my research and read some of reviews posted online. After my visit, I was happy with the results and more important is that I was comfortable and felt he knows a lot. Also he took his time in explaining my situation. I thank him and his staff👍

May 9th, 2016
Dr. Zakalik has been my doctor for many years. He is a great surgeon and has an above average bedside manner. His office staff is always rude, disrespectful, and generally difficult to deal with, especially Carmen.

August 11th, 2015
Dr. Zakalik began seeing me at age 15 to assess an remove a xanthoastrocytoma. I'm thankful and proud to say 24 years later he is still my brain neurosurgeon. His office has gone to great lengths to follow up my care. He genuinely cares and will take as much time as needed to fully explain his findings. Surgeons of his caliber are few and far between.

February 1st, 2013
I highly recommend Dr. Z.

June 19th, 2012
Spinal Staph Infection
Dr Zakalik performed a laminectomy after removing infected tissue between L5 and S1. He did a great job of restoring my back and removing the damaged area. I would easily reccommend him and would use him again should I ever experience this again.

October 25th, 2011
Neck recovery
Dr. Zakalik is an excellent surgeon, it has been 12 weeks after my anterior disectomy fusion at c5 and i'm feeling alot better. My numbness has gone away and my strength is slowing comming back. I do still have muscle spasms in my neck and shoulder, but nothing like it was before surgery. My experiance with office staff, they could definately use some manners and be alittle more compassionate.

September 27th, 2009
Dr. Z helped diagnose and treat what completely baffled the University of Michigan.

June 19th, 2009
Dr Zakalik
Dr Z is awesome. He is very caring about the condition you are in before and after surgery. He takes his time to do the necessary research for your procedure. Office staff is Very Nice but very busy.I recommend Dr. Z.

January 24th, 2009