Dr. Kartik Viswanathan MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Norwich, CT

2.5

March 22nd, 2014
A doctor who needs to take a lesson from his staff
the staff is really nice and help you out as much as they can. i've been there many times and no matter how sick i was, the nurses always try to make you smile. The doctor on the other had scared her, he doesn't really listen to what you are saying and he has a tone in his voice like you are wasting his time. He is very arrogant and has a tendency to be very short with you.

August 26th, 2013
should not be practicing
Well, first this guy is arrogant as all heck. He is rude, does not listen and makes assumptions based on thin air. Went to him because i was looking for a primary care doctor - internist who actually listens. Despite the fact that my medical history was in front of him, he wanted to put me on medication that I was allergic to. Having a 14 year well documented history of chronic pain, he automatically assumed i was looking for opiates and proceeded to treat me as an addict . He did not bother to check my history nor listen to the fact that i do not wish to be on pain meds , I was requesting an mri for my back because of an increase in pain due to an auto accident. I left his office, went home and proceeded to write him a letter telling him his behavior and assumptions were unprofessional and wrong . Much to my suprise, he did call me to apologize and invited me in to start from the beginning. I can very much respect an apology from a medical professional so I agreed. It was then he wanted to put me on a medication that was WELL documented I had adverse reactions to. It was clear to me that this man does not pay attention to details and that is one scary doctor . I filed a complaint with my insurance company about him, he had his staff.,,,,who made NO APPEARANCE in the exam room lie for him. As a follow up, with my chronic pain? A real doc ordered MRI and 3 herniated disks later, my problems are being treated. (Again, without opiates), as it was stated to me by a well respected local physician, had I stayed with Vaswanathan, I could have been paralysed.

November 11th, 2010
Felt insulted when the Doctor started screaming at me infront of my two daughters.