Dr. Kashif Munir MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Baltimore, MD

• Good
  • Bad

July 7th, 2017
Run away and don't look back
This is my sincere and honest opinion of this physician as his former patient. This review may sound offensive, but it is not meant to be.. this was my experience and these are my thoughts. I am a diabetic since the age of 13, however Dr. Munir was the first specialist I saw for treating my Diabetes and I was his patient for 3 years. Recently, his assistant was supposed to send in a medication supply in the mail for me which I was going to pick up but due to her giving me misleading information when I got there, I told her to just mail it to me. After 4-5 days of not receiving the mail. I emailed Dr. Munir and I got no response, I also called to speak to the assistant Andrea and she never returned my call, frustrated of course, I emailed Dr. Munir multiple times to make him aware I never received the mail and that the assistant was a liar and she never mailed my medication. The next day I got a voicemail from the office manager that I was no longer his patient and I was discharged from his clinic, further Dr. Munir called my pharmacy and canceled all of my medications (insulins and syringes and test strips) AS AN INSULIN DEPENDENT DIABETIC this was cruel/evil, and intolerable. After reaching out to his staff about this malicious act, I got a letter in the mail stating I am not allowed to contact them again. Dr. Munir's actions and attitude towards me do not justify this act. He violated every syllable of the Hippocratic oath that doctors take and maintain to devote to the welfare of patients. As a diabetic, I was withheld of my insulin for two weeks and was greatly disturbed after this incident. You would think with such an empathetic profession, someone would practice more empathy. Judging from a clinical perspective, Dr. Munir is mediocre at best, he not only shows an utter lack of regard for patient's well being but also a disinterest in genuinely improving their overall health. He has an arrogant attitude and thinks he's the "god of endocrinology" however, he could not even differentiate between Type 1 and type 2 diabetes. He first told me I was type 2, then ordered tests and diagnosed me as type 1, a few months later, he told me I was type 2 and needed to try other medications, then on the next office visit he told me he has no idea what "type" I am, and it didn't matter but if I was interested I should do some really expensive genetic testing to figure it out. I saw another doctor for a second opinion and he told me it was completely unnecessary and would be a waste of $$. Dr. Munir tried his best on several occasions to convince me to do the tests at his facility but I declined. This hospital is a teaching hospital.. they want to offer research studies and trials so they can write research papers and the hospital can get more funds to cover more hospital overhead. They will do your research tests for free or even pay you to be their guinea pig.. the more tests they do, the more $$ they bring to the hospital. Dr. Munir does not offer services to "help" patients, he offers services to bring more $ to hospital overhead. If you want to get free tests done then this would be a great place to come to, otherwise I would avoid him like the plague. I am currently seeing a new endocrinologist who is an MD/PHD and even he advised not to do the testing that Dr. Munir mentioned. Dr. Munir has shamed me for my A1c in the past, and after 3 years it is still what it was before I became his patient, I feel like I could have gotten better diabetes management from a second year med student. He just sits in his office and mumbles to himself, and makes jokes that only he laughs at, he has the attention span of a pigeon and goes off on tangents. Does not care about helping patients, only cares about publishing research papers. Laughs when you ask a serious question. A complete disgrace of a physician with an inflated sense of self importance in himself and his speciality. Do not become his patient unless you want a headache. Should retire

July 3rd, 2017
Outstanding
Saw Dr. Munir for a 2nd opinion on a health issue I was having. Office staff was welcoming and efficient! Dr. Munir was extremely thorough. He took time to fully answer any questions I had and to provide additional information. In addition, he had a very calm and friendly demeanor. I'd switch to him in a heartbeat if his office was a little closer to where I live. Heck, I'm half tempted to switch even despite the drive! Very impressed!

June 28th, 2017
One star because there is no option for zero stars
Dr. Munir is mediocre at best. He shamed my A1c which runs high, but is obviously also the reason why I am there to see him. Perhaps he should do more research papers since he clearly has no interest in helping actual patients directly. He is normally very rude and unprofessional, he does not want to help patients so I'm not sure why he's even a doctor. You can get better diabetes management from a second year med student. I just eventually stopped going to him for appointments and just let my sugars run high. Avoid him and look for someone else.

June 28th, 2017
One star is too much in this rating
A one star in this rating is too much.. I would not go back here even if they paid me to be a patient. I am extremely dissatisfied with the "quality of care" this doctor provides to patients. This place is TRASH. They are a teaching hospital, so they focus on getting you to be the guinea pig while they try to write good research papers and get published. On another note, Dr. Munir has the attention span of a pigeon and will waste your time since he goes off on tangents and will start talking about vitamin D or research studies.. and you will have no idea what he's even trying to say..JUST AVOID this doctor at all costs.The hospital gets paid hundreds and thousands for research grants, DON'T be their guinea pig. Everything this doctor does is to bring $ to hospital overhead or to get published for his own self. I was not comfortable seeing a doctor who could not make the most basic efforts to care for his patients. He makes inappropriate remarks and is very unprofessional. He does not know any of medicine let alone his own specialty. More of a doctor "wannabe". Also very degrading and condescending. His attitude is arrogant and rude. Laughs when you ask him a serious question. Do not become his patient unless you want a headache. Should retire.

November 29th, 2016
Have seen him twice...He explains things well and takes the time to answer questions. He considers you insurance before prescribing medication.

February 16th, 2012
Saw a dozen specialists and none could diagnose the issue (some even indicated a psychiatric problem). Dr. Munir figured it out right away. Thank you!!

July 3rd, 2017