Dr. Katayoun Sabetian Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Katayoun Sabetian?

Disappointed

Posted on March 16th, 2015

I was sent to this doctor because my HMO did not want to send me to UCLA as requested by my own neurologist. I was shocked when she said I had Parkinson's Disease (no tests given, just talking to her) and that she thought I didn't have to take my medicine for early dementia. She negated everything my own neurologist was doing for me over the last year. Now I am confused. do I have Parkinson's and if so, what were the reasons she knew and why am I not being treated for that? She said I didn't have to come back...!! I do have to say I liked HER, she was pleasant, but confusing on her diagnosis and what to do. I might enjoy going to lunch with her, but definitely would not want her to be my doctor.

Posted on November 19th, 2013

I was highly impressed with Dr. Sabetian. She took a lot of time with me and I felt for the first time in my life, a doctor was finally paying attention to me. I have complete trust that I am in good hands. She was very polite .

Posted on August 12th, 2013

I went to Dr Sabetian to get a nerve test. My friend had the same test done by her and she recommended I go to her. The doctor was polite and kind and explained the test in a way I could understand and talked me through the whole thing. I was glad I went to her.

she is rude, bedside manner is horrible

Posted on July 28th, 2013

Well, my testing there was to help diagnose fibromyalgia. First off, she was pretty short with me, kind off disregarding what I thought about my pain because, and I quote, "well you dont seem to be in any pain" and "I know how the body works, I know about these muscles thats why I do this". I was kind of shocked by her bedside manner...especially when I heard her say "gross" under her breathe because she noticed I had a tattoo. Also she more or less made fun of the lady that had just had the same testing done prior to me. Saying that the lady had no reason to complain and it was ridiculous, that the testing doesnt even hurt. well news flash doc, when you have fibro or many other ailments and you are in pain all the time anyways, being shocked and stuck with needles isnt a pleasant experience. I was extremely put off by her.

Patient

Posted on March 29th, 2013

Does Dr. Care?

Posted on May 18th, 2012

I saw the Dr for the second time. She says i saw her for headaches. i thought it was for strange migraines that emulated symptoms of simple partial seizures. I thought we had agreed on this diagnosis the first time I had seen her. When I returned a second time with questions about reactions to medications she was dismissive and rude and said my only problem was headaches? I felt belittled. And confused. I felt stupid for wanting her to explain to me more about the side effects of my medication.

flucked bed side maners/big head syndrome

Posted on April 6th, 2011

after second visit she stated she did all the test she could do -there is nothing wrong with him-said he needs to see a phychrist and not to come back--Saw a specilest in LA who knows what his wrong with him -- this Dr in LA wanted her to see him again for treatment for cataplexy --Records from this Dr to another different Dr Stated "No- The multiple sleep latency is not consistant w/ narcolepsy on sleep study, pt had 36% sleep effeciency, consider medican for insomnia." ---The DR from LA wanted him to be treated for cataplexy nothing was said for narcolepsy-as the DR in LA said he does not have narcolepsy--on state insurence this Dr is the only one he can see unless they contract him out to some other Dr-----during the first and second visit spent more time in the crowded waiting/examine room than with this Dr-- she was in a hurry was a bit nasty when she did not get a fast answner to a question(s) she asked son at both visits--she was not interstead in what I had to say-- he had a cataplexy attacks during both visits she examined him during the cataplexy attacts but failed to put any of it on her notes----her staff and nurses were great---

Posted on April 5th, 2011

This neurologist during both visits was abrupt and dismissive with staff and with me. Her diagnosis proved to be premature and incorrect. I give low marks over-all and would not return to this physician for any on-going medical care.

Posted on March 25th, 2009

after second she said she did all the test she could do said don't come back

Posted on April 21st, 2017