Dr. Katerina Kurteeva MD Patient Reviews

3.4

January 9th, 2016
I have been a patient of doctor Kurteeva for four years while she was working with Dr. Wirta. I have been so pleased with her care that I have referred my friends from the Oasis Senior Center in Newport Beach for eye exams. I myself and a few of my friends have undergone the life changing cataract surgery that made seeing fine print and driving a breeze. Eye surgery is an apprehensive experience and I was quite anxious at first. Once I met Dr. Kurteeva my fears were put to rest due to her extensive work in this area. From the moment I arrived at Newport Bay Surgery Center, friendly and knowledgeable staff greeted and prepared me for a quick and painless procedure. It was over before I knew it and I quickly recovered from light sedation in a resting area. Dr. Kurteeva personally came out and updated me and my family on the surgery and I saw her the next day at her office. With great delight I could see all the way down the eye chart the next morning! The process was so smooth that I have signed up for the second eye surgery next week. To this day I greatly value the gift of sight that this wonderful surgeon gave me. I am surprised to read a few reviews here that describe the experience quite opposite from mine. I have and will continue to refer my friends and family to Dr. Kurteeva because of the difference her care made in my life and the improvement on my vision since the cataract surgery. Thank you for all your great work! I know you made a difference in my life!

December 14th, 2015
My child woke up with pink eye the day we were supposed to leave for a family vacation. Dr. Kurteeva's office accommodated us into her schedule. She was kind and patient with a fussy child. The diagnosis was explained to me in great detail, so I felt confident to leave for our vacation with instructions for my son's eye care. I was grateful for my son being seen on such a short notice. I felt Dr Kurteeva was someone I could trust after she took her time with my son, prescribed drops and explained how to reduce the risk on infection in others. After our emergency visit, I scheduled a full check up for the whole family. She is our Doctor of choice from now on and I recommend her to all of my friends!

December 29th, 2014
Stay away from her!
As far as I am concerned she left me handicapped. My vision is terrible and she was duplicitous while examining me. I would never recommend her and I can understand why she left the area.

March 20th, 2013
Recent patient
She spent very little time with me; rushed out after the routine eye exam my M.D. ordered without giving little information. She seemed rushed; and left the exam room without allowing any questions from me! I did not find the staff professional; the assistants running around in boots with buckles; and also not very helpful. I was very disappointed with the woman and the staff.

September 21st, 2012
Did not give me relevant information
I saw Dr. K for something stuck on my eyelid. A week later it still felt like something there so I went back. She looked at my eyes and then because I was upset said I wasn't going blind but she wanted to put in punctil plugs. I went home to research and later found out I had Dry Eye Syndrome. She did not give me a diagnosis nor did she do any testing to determine the cause of the syndrome. Plugs are down the list of treatment options for dry eyes. As I started to research DES I realized there were things she asked me and when she didn't get a certain answer she never pursued it. Example. Omega 3 is really essential for DES. When asked if I took it I said no it made me sick so she dropped it. Once I found out how essential it was through trial and error I found one I could take. She should have told me how important it was. There were other things she did not tell me that as a patient I deserved and needed to know. She's nice enough but I won't go back.

July 28th, 2011
Really liked her and will go back for future eye issues.
Something was scraping my eyeball so I got a referral to Dr. Kurteeva. They squeezed me in the next morning. After a short wait after filling out paperwork, I was taken back by a nice young woman who took a brief history and numbed my eye. I waited less than 10 minutes for Dr. Kurteeva. She was not rushed, asked some questions about what happened then got me into the contraption to see what was going on with my eye. First she found a cyst which she thought might be the problem but then she peeled back my upper eyelid and there was something stuck to it. No clue what it was. The whole time I was asking her questions about cataracts and other eye issues. We had a nice chat. The "thing" on my lid was lifted off and she went to remove the cyst. It was much deeper so we are letting it go. I really like her, liked that she told me I didn't need new glasses and I left with samples of a preservative free eye drop and liquid motrin for my eyeball and not concerned about they cyst.