A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Katharine Bar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Katharine Bar, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
- She has special expertise in 6 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Infectious Disease
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Education & Awards
Dr. Bar graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Bar has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
- Uab Highlands
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans