Surgeons

North Bethesda
Suburban Specialty Care Phys.
6410 Rockledge Dr
Ste 504
Bethesda, MD 20817
301-493-8500
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Kimberly Nokleby on Dec 9th, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Alley since 1992 and have felt safe and secure with her through surgeries and every office visit. She is warm and friendly and understanding. She takes the time to explain things and make you feel comfortable in a time you don't think there is comfort.

Jun 2nd, 2012

Dr Alley's precision, superior diagnostic abilities, and demand for excellence gave me much needed confidence during my bout with breast cancer and saved my life.

Feb 25th, 2012

She was my life line after my breast cancer diagnosis and its been ten years. Ignore any comments about her lack of "bedside manner." I was a very early Stage I with a great prognosis but she never minimized my concerns. she couldn't have been more supportive.She is an amazing diagnostician and I have complete faith in any decision she makes.The only negative is she is the life line for so many women it is near impossible to see her for annual checkups. however when I first saw her after my biopsy, I called and was seen the next morning.

|  Dr Alley is terrific; her office staff is awful  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

I've seen Dr Alley for about 5 years. I was told she was curt and has no beside manner. This is totally false. She is respectful, professional, funny, timely and most importantly, she is knowledgeable and brilliant. She is on time and answers all my questions. I never feel rushed and I always walk away feeling i am in great hands. Her office staff is awful on the phone, rarely return your calls, leave you on hold and fail to get her messages. When I told her about this once Dr. Alley was genuinely concerned and upset and I'll bet she spoke to them!

Apr 22nd, 2011

I left Dr. Alley's practice and am much happier with my new doctor. I felt it was whac a mole medicine. I was rushed through appointments. Apparently she is not board certified. I did feel she was cold which I could have dealt with, but in combination with the other issues I realized it was time to move on.

|  If you can get an appointment, she is worth the effort  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2011

Dr. Alley is extremely competent and professional. Getting an appointment with her is exceedingly, sometimes painfully difficult, reminding me of the stories of the "herding of the bulls." Her staff act as gatekeepers with no sign of compassion. Once past them, the experience with Dr. Alley herself is wonderful.

|  happy and healthy  |  show details
by Pat Henson on Sep 21st, 2010

Dr. Alley was my cancer specialist in 1997. Her manner is courteous and patient. She explains the procedures and surgery before hand and answers all questions in a stright forward manner. I am alive and healthy to day (2010) because of her dedication and knowledge.An excellent doctor.

Jun 7th, 2010

Had I written this review anytime over the last 6 years, I'd have rated Dr. Alley much higher overall. While she manages her time very well, and I respect that, she can be seen as brisk and abrubt; I can deal w/that knowing that she's doing the same fighting for me to get tests and surgeries as quickly as possible. What I can't deal with is my experience over the last 6 months. I've had a second occurance of breast cancer, that's spread, and it seems that she isn't interested. When I contacted her office in March for an appt - I was assured, based on my December visit and the notes from the PT she sent me to, that I didn't need to see her until this December. When I sent her office a PET scan showing that I have this reoccurrance and that it's spread, I asked for an appt. I rec'd 1 phone call from her office asking for background info on why I had the scan done. I expected that after she reviewed that info I'd get a call to come into the office. It's been 2 months - no phone call. Needless to say, I've moved on.

|  WHEN YOU ARE TERRIFIED, SHE IS THE ANSWER  |  show details
by Jeff in DC on May 25th, 2010

A "prominent" gynocologist diagnosed my wife as having a suspicious lump in her breast and scheduled her for surgical biopsy the next day. My instincts rang in emergency mode. I used my contacts as a journalist and quickly got networked to Kate Alley. She saw my wife THAT AFTERNOON for an emergency second opinion. It took her 3 minutes to say, "Nonsense! No need for any action, let along surgery! Your wife has fibrous breasts but she is totally healthy." And then, "WHO is your Gyn?" She wrote down the name and looked like she wanted to smack the idiot. She was on the phone to him as we left her office. My guess is that he had to get someone else to finance his new golf bag.

|  Horrible bedside manner  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2010

My review is based only on an in-office visit, I have no first-hand knowledge of Dr. Alley's surgical expertise, which I hear is excellent.Dr. Alley was cold and condescending. She did not answer my questions with genuine concern. On the contrary, my inquiries were most often met with a smirk and sarcasm. I was also informed that if I were late for my appt. I would not be seen--which is a policy I respect. I arrived more than 15 minutes early, but was not seen on time as promised. Additionally, during the time between my exam and consultation Dr. Alley left me waiting for her in her office while she attended to another patient who had been late to her appointment. I received no apology. In total, I spent more time waiting for Dr. Alley than I did speaking with her. When she was with me she acted as if she were doing me a massive favor instead of providing a service for which I was paying.In short, Dr. Alley demands respect which she does not reciprocate nor deserve. I will not continue my care with her and would not recommend her services.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2010

Dr. Alley performed my breast cancer lumpectomy. She is exactly what you want in a surgeon - confident, efficient, and skilled. Only negative is it is very difficult to get an appointment for routine follow-up visits.

|  Perfectionist  |  show details
by Lisa on May 7th, 2008

Dr. Alley is exactly what you want in a surgeon. She is a perfectionist. She takes time to answer questions and exudes confidence in her manner. Very positive experience as a patient