Dr. Katherine Averill MD Patient Reviews

1.5

• Good
  • Bad

August 9th, 2016
(cont.) Not the right choice!
One thing I left out. I asked if I could hear my baby's heart beat today (10 weeks/4 days) She laughed at me and said it's to early to hear a heart beat. Thankfully I had my baby's grandma in the room with me. We both told her that was not true at all. She laughed it off and said she could try. Well it turns out we DID hear my peanuts heart. It took about 3-4 minutes to find it. A strong 156bpm. She says afterwards giggling "I almost gave up!"

Not the right choice!!
This is the worst medical provider I've ever had. After having a MC, several weeks later, I was having symptoms of being pregnant again, abdominal cramping and a positive home pregnancy test. She informed me it was absolutely impossible for me to be pregnant again so soon. She proceeded to do an excruciatingly painful vaginal exam with her medical speculum, and concluded I must be having post partum endometriosis because I was in pain. She sent me home on 2 antibiotics, one of which was CIPRO. 5 days later I was in the ER. My clinic phone app had notified me that my HCG was 2600+ yet I didn't not receive a phone call or anything. She never reviewed my labs to see if I was pregnant again. In the ER my ultrasound showed I was 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant!and this horrible excuse for a doctor had me on antibiotics! The ER told me to stop taking them immediately and F/U with her asap. I saw her the next day..and listened to her fake apologizes. She claimed no one gets pregnant so soon after a miscarriage and that she's never witnessed it so she didn't think I could be pregnant for a while. She told me I would have to be sent to a specialist later in the pregnancy because of the meds she had me on. My next ultrasound was at 7 weeks 4 days at the local hospital. My baby had a heartbeat and was doing well. My F/U with her was to be 2 weeks later, but she called in "sick". So I waited 2 more weeks (Today!) I got checked in and waited for about 10-15 minutes. I hear her in the hallway "who?" She then says my name out loud. "Well did she even get the ultrasound, I don't have it?" a nurse responds "well it's a good thing she brought her own copies." Dr Averill then opened my door. She had no idea why I was there, forgot she cancelled my last appt. And forgot to get my ultrasound results before my appt. She's the one that put in the referral for it. I showed her my U/S pics and she said "Well the size of it looks great, it looks good" I said I was at 7 weeks 4 days then, I'm in week 10 now. She didn't really seem to know where to go with the appt. So I said "Do you need a US today? Bloodwork? Her response: "You had a miscarriage in May right? Well do you plan on keeping THIS one?" !!!!! Wth kind of Dr. Is this??? She is rude disrespectful and disgusting. Her nurse convinced her that I should get a UA and first blood panel done, (doc didn't know if I needed anything.) I asked, do you remember you wanted me to go to a specialist? Can you elaborate? She didn't remember. I reminded her "I'm the one you put on antibiotics because you didn't think I was pregnant." She responded " Oh, the Cipro! You should not take Cipro while pregnant, I'll put in that referral." I asked what does he need to test for? She responded "Because you took Cipro, he needs to do a detailed ultrasound to make sure it's bones are growing and everything is okay." She wants me to she her again in a couple weeks to get a detailed family history. Screw that. I will never enter that clinic again. To make a long story short: Avoid this doctor! She has terrible bedside manner, she does not care about you or your baby, and she is clueless and forgetful! She is rude and emotionless . She relies on her awesome team to pick up the slack for all of her shortcomings. I would never trust her to use a speculum on me again... let alone deliver my first baby. I'm a 31 y/o 9 yr Veteran with a medical background. I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. Dr Averill is the WORST.

April 14th, 2014
Rn
Well Dr. Averill delivered 2 of my children and I was considered her first patient. I had only the very best care and feel badly other people didnt get the same. I am an RN for almost 20 yrs and know that all doctors have foul ups even the ones that are considered the very best. We must remember... they too are people... unfortunately, they make errors as well. I would still be seeing her for my yearly check ups if she were her. I love and miss her much.

January 4th, 2014
Awful
I went to have an iud put in as my means for BC for a year or so. When I got there the staff was nice. Dr. Averill was not nice. She didn't read my history which I had had 2 c-sections which makes getting an iud difficult because your body has never dialated. After having to give me a local anesthetic for pain it was in. Something didn't feel right. I went back a week later in pain and she told me it was all in my head. A year later I received a letter saying she was closing her practice.2 months after that I went to another doctor for a simple iud removal only to end up in surgery to have it removed. Dr. Averill had harpooned it through my uterus and the wire string, which she never cut, was threaded through it. I then learned via the local news that she was stripped of her privileges at the local hospital due to a botched hysterectomy and lawsuit.

August 8th, 2012
Poor bedside manner and lack of respect
I would never go see this Dr again or recommend her to anyone , she is rude and uncompassionate she is in the wrong field of work !!

June 7th, 2011
Retired!
She retired and closed the practice and left no forwarding information or even sent a letter, therefore I have no idea where my history is.

August 24th, 2016