Dr. Katherine Dykes MD Patient Reviews

2.5

no change

January 26th, 2017
RUDE AND CONDESCENDING!
The rudest most condescending physician I've ever been to! I will never set foot in that office again. She constantly cut me off, wouldn't listen to my concerns and basically tried to humiliate me the entire appointment. I was so frustrated when I left her office that I started checking reviews about her on line...shame on Vanderbilt for allowing any of their staff to treat patients this way! Some are willing to put up with her because they say she is still a good Dr. Me? I refuse to expose myself to such unprofessional behavior. A good Dr. would treat their patients with respect!

June 9th, 2016
Trust her ability just don't like her
Ok here's the thing about Dr.D. I would trust her with my life and my baby's life, I just don't like conversing with her very much. She really doesn't have much empathy and she has a lot of "soap boxes" that she will go into of you even mention a concern. She probably won't make you feel warm and good inside after talking to her, but I think she is very intelligent and knows what she is doing in the delivery room. She makes sure the nurses are prepared and she doesn't like incompetence which I don't like either when it comes to my baby's health and my own! She gets things done and I respect her for that. She had a strong personality which may clash a lot with others. I seriously don't like going to her for the shared reasons below, BUT when it comes to delivering my baby yes I am completely ok with her doing so. Just be prepared when you see her and expect this and you will be fine. It's not worth leaving this practice over. They are a wonderful crew!

November 20th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
Dr D is intelligent, confident, and just an all around great doctor. She has been my OB for about 8 yrs and has been with me thru 3 pregnancies and deliveries. She does not sugar coat things and is very matter of fact, which I LOVE. I trust her judgment and recommend her to anyone needing an OB GYN for a baby or just regular care.

July 15th, 2015
NEVER GOING BACK!
I should have read the reviews before making an appointment with this doctor. My doctor, whom I loved, moved away so I had to find a new doctor. She will not be my new doctor. She is rude, condescending, and would not listen to me as a patient. I had real health concerns that she just dismissed. I left the office fuming and continued to do so for the rest of my day.

July 7th, 2015
Mrs.
I got thru the appointment but I would never go back to see her. She chops off your communication, does not like you to ask questions, and is arrogant with her authority. She recommend surgery for me, to stop menopause bleeding. I did not take her recommendation and began taking natural progesterone that a more thoughtful doctor prescribed for me. I have not bled since and I feel great. This was a year and a half ago. It's hard for me to beleive that anyone would return to her after one visit.

May 7th, 2015
Do not waste your time with her. She is condescending and arrogant. I will not be seeing her again and would not recommend her to anyone!

March 25th, 2015
Literally the rudest doctor I have EVER made contact with. She is the reason I will never go back to Franklin Women's Center.

March 17th, 2015
Unacceptable Experience
I would not recommend this doctor to any woman.

March 16th, 2015
Worst bed side manner I have ever experienced
One of the least professional doctors I have ever been to in my life. I was new in town and looking for a doctor I can trust and be comfortable with-- and she was exactly opposite. She was rude, harsh, and made me feel bad and incompetent about things an obgyn should never make a woman feel bad about. I would never recommend her to anyone.

January 5th, 2015
Had no interest in following what I wanted to do for my birth. Was highly condesending to me and my husband.

May 12th, 2013
Horrible, impatient and just plain RUDE!!!
I have no idea how this woman is still practicing medicine, especially in such a delicate and sensitive field! I had some complications early in my very first pregnancy and had to schedule an emergency appointment that my husband couldn't attend. I was visibly upset, alone and confused and she did nothing but cut me off, belittle me and do her best to give off an uncaring vibe. She walked in and took my phone, which I had silenced and was mainly clutching because I was so nervous, right out of my hand and tossed it into my bag without a word. I will NEVER go back to this woman or the Women's Center in Franklin.

March 12th, 2013
RUDE RUDE RUDE !!!!!!!!
I was so taken back by her rudeness that I was shocked someone like that has any patients at all !!!! If I hadn't been so shocked by her rudeness, I would have said : " Excuse me, we are done here...get out and let me get dressed " !!!! I haven't even ever met or been around someone like that, let alone a Doctor !!! She needs a Prozac DRIP !!! Never faxed in my prescription. Going to complain to both Vanderbilt and Cigna. Total waste of my time and money.