Dr. Katherine Walker MD Patient Reviews

Excelent
Dr Walker is the best.

April 15th, 2015
Friendly, Compassionate, Attentive Physician
I have been seeing Dr. Walker for the past five years. She has been friendly, compassionate, attentive, and it's been a pleasure to be seen by her. She is a great listener and has always effectively treated my health issues. When I first saw her, my blood draw showed that my triglycerides were at a level greater than 500, which put me at serious risk of a heart attack. Dr. Walker worked with me to set up a plan and the next time I saw her, my triglycerides had come down to an acceptable level of 150; an incredible reduction! With her continued support, I have been able to maintain my triglyceride level for four years. I have continued to see Dr. Walker for all my general health concerns and she is always very consistent and caring. I recently moved to Oregon and am no longer able to see her. I miss her dearly and would highly recommend Dr. Walker to anyone looking for a general practitioner.

March 2nd, 2015
Comprehensive and compassionate care for the whole family
Our whole family uses Dr. Walker as a primary care physician. My husband and I have seen her for the past 8 or 9 years, and have found her to be incredibly caring, dedicated, and thorough in her practice. Before each visit, she carefully reviews her notes from the last visit and is sure to follow up on any issues that are outstanding. During the visits she is very thorough, takes her time, listens carefully, and fully addresses all of our questions. We have recently started taking our 9 year old son to her, and he is very pleased with the relationship she is building with him. My son and I both have chronic diseases, and Dr. Walker pays excellent attention to those issues. I am always impressed by the personal follow-up that we get from Dr. Walker; she always calls us herself with our test results. I find the other reviews on here to be completely out of character for Dr. Walker. It's unfortunate that the dozens and dozens of happy patients that see Dr. Walker haven't posted about their consistently positive experiences to help give a more accurate picture.

November 10th, 2012
Review
Rude and said she did not have time to address my issues.
Doctor's Response

I am surprised by this comment and I apologize for your negative experience. I generally allot 30 minutes for each new patient. And, I try to spend that time becoming familiar with each patients' medical history and current concerns. I realize that everyone has unique problems and there are times that is is evident that I am not the best physician to serve their needs. Hopefully you have found a different physician who is a better match.

May 15th, 2012
Would never recommend
This doctor lacks the compassion to be a good doctor. I changed doctors after having this woman as a doctor for a short time. I would never go back to her.
Doctor's Response

I apologize for your negative experience. I strive to be very compassionate. It would be valuable to have more specific feedback so that I can respond to your concerns. With many years of experience, I can say that not every patient-physician relationship is a good match. It takes time to develop a trusting relationship. And, there are some areas of medicine in which I do not have expertise. One area is chronic pain management. So, if this was part of your medical profile, I can understand that you would be better served by a different physician.

July 11th, 2017