Dr. Katherine Lammers MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 10th, 2016
Great Docs are a Godsend
I have spent 40 years with multiple medical complications, seems the last 20 it has been one after another. I have had a multitude of medical professionals cross my path, not only in my life but as a therapist as well. Dr. Lammers was a Godsend from the moment I first met her. Due to a rare congenital disorder that has gone misdiagnosed for 40 years, I feel competent in providing the rating and review I have. Dr. Lammers made me feel like finally someone understood me, spent a great deal of time with me discussing my condition and symptoms, did not make me feel rushed because of other patients and provided me with thorough education of my concerns, symptoms and a treatment plan moving forward. She even humbly admitted she may not have all the answers to my condition, however considers herself a "lifelong learner", telling me she is willing to put forth effort to educate herself of my condition. She truly made me feel like a patient she cares about and not a "number". At this point, being a new patient with Dr. Lammers, she has already become one of the top doctors on my favorites list and I have already referred her to another woman, will keep on referring her and will continue seeing her as my OB/GYN, even though I have to travel nearly an hour to the office, I find being a patient of Dr. Lammers well worth the drive.

April 16th, 2016
In my 33 years of having an OB/GYN doctor, she has been my favorite. She is thorough, easy to talk to, knowledgeable, reassuring and takes the time to listen. She has been my doctor for about 10 years now.

May 24th, 2011
Regarding Dr. Lamers, I have mixed reviews:She was covering for my wifes OB-GYN when we came under her care. She was very available, caring and conscientious when we began the labor process, which was prolonged and slightly complicated. She and her resident team gave us constant updates and kept us apprised of my wifes progress and plan.My wife ended up having an emergent c-section. As a surgeon myself I was able to witness her in the OR She was very efficient and was able to deliver our baby girl in less than 2 minutes! She directed her resident team effectively and made an urgent situation as comfortable as possible for all involved and my daughter was born safe and sound.Our only complaint with Dr. Lamers pertains to the technique by which she closed c-section incision, which clearly appears rushed. The skin edges were not brought together precisely and overlapped each other- factors which would ultimately lead to the development of an unsightly incisional scar. Even worse, on post-op day 6, my wife developed a wound infection and had to be placed on antibioticsmy only hope is that she does not develop and abscess necessitating that her wound be opened and packedAs a fellow doctor, I understand the implications of writing a somewhat negative review for a colleaguesomething I may one day face myself. Every incision has the possibility of becoming infected, especially when an emergency surgery is undertaken. Nonetheless, when inadequate precision contributes a poor surgical outcome I will make it known I expect surgical excellence from myself, my residents and most of all, those taking care of my family (to be perfectly honest, the side of the incision her resident closed under her direction looks quite good!).. I would not dissuade patients from going to her as they will get very good care both surgically and medically from Dr. Lammers. I do hope in the future she will be as meticulous toward the end of a procedure as she was in the beginning.