Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Katherine Lewis
Dr. Katherine Lewis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC, with another office in Charleston, SC. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lewis is affiliated with MUSC University Hospital, Medical University Of South Carolina and Grady Memorial Hospital. Dr. Lewis has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Katherine Lewis has the following 4 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Katherine Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.
Dr. Nicholas Milano
Neurology, Psychiatry, Internal Medicine
Charleston, SC 0 mi5
Dr. Nicoleta Sora
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Internal Medicine
Charleston, SC 0 mi16
Dr. Lawren Love
Internal Medicine, Hospitalist
Charleston, SC 0 mi8