Katherine L Lupton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 23rd, 2012
I had a few visits with Dr. Lupton before I moved out of state. She seemed to have a fairly accurate idea about my health issues and offered the right medical advice. However, I have always felt very rushed when I went to see her- she is one of those providers/PCPs who has one foot out the door as soon as she steps into the exam room - at least that was my experience. My first visit with her was for a physical, and I was disappointed to note that she didn't want to order any kind of lab work. Just based on what I told her about my lifestyle, she decided that I was healthy enough and that I did not need to do any labs. At first, she didn't even have the time to look at my previous lab results which I took with me for her consultation. Only after I insisted that we have a family history of a certain illness did she order a couple of basic labs. She later explained to me how every provider has a different philosophy when it comes to ordering labs for physical and that she considers 'random' tests wasteful. She made me come back for a second visit to cover something that should have been part of the physical.Well, I'm glad that I insisted on getting a couple of important labs done instead of taking her advice of doing it every 3/4 years- because in one year, my cholesterol levels had changed, not enough to worry physicians, but knowledge is power, and at least now I can take necessary precautions.