Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Katherine Martens
Dr. Katherine Martens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Maywood, IL. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Emergency Medicine, General Surgery and Internal Medicine. Dr. Martens is affiliated with Loyola University Medical Center, Mercy Hospital & Medical Center and University of Illinois Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Katherine Martens has the following 3 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress,...
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery,...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...