Dr. Katherine Martin DO Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

September 7th, 2016
I goes to dr Martin office for a checkups and I can be down about something and she always cheering me up an d I come out smiling an d feeling better she's a wonderful woman I love her.

August 15th, 2016
This is the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. She is interested in making money, not helping people. Before making an appointment I called and asked if they took my insurance and was simply told yes. I was not told that they were out of my insurance's network. When I showed up for a followup I was told I owed over $800 and was expected to pay $250 on the spot. I was never contacted or sent a bill before this. I had only had one previous appointment with her in which she did basic blood work and referred me to another doctor. Because I was out of network, she could set the price of her service at whatever she wanted. She charged over $500 just for a new patent appointment and over $200 for blood work. This is more than I paid before having insurance. Also during my appointment she talked to me like I was an irresponsible child and made comments about me spending too much money of coffee, and tried to make me feel guilty for not going to the doctor sooner. I felt like I was speaking to my grandmother, not a professional.

April 24th, 2016
This doctor is rude, lazy, and disgusting. She didn't address anything I came in for, I asked her a question and she just said your time is up and walked out after really not telling me anything. All she did was play around on her computer, which she has no idea how to use. So how was I out of time when she never gave me any time????? I would recommend doing some serious research on this doctor you will be amazed at what you find on her. She should be shut down.

March 30th, 2016
*Warning*!Do not go to this doctor!
Dr. Martin was very rude, her clinic was unsanitary. Very dirty, she does not have updated equipments. Dr Martin very confrontational, she interrogated me, treated me like a criminal, also this doctor is very judgemental. I highly recommend NOT to go to this doctor. It is a waste of time. She is negligent.

March 24th, 2016
This doctor is terrible. While sitting in a room over an hour waiting to be seen, she finally comes in. After tending to me tells me to go on this web site to post a positive review on her, which makes me wonder how many other patients she done this to. She then walks me out to the waiting room and grabs a hand full of her business cards and hands them to me and tells, not asks, me to hand them out to anyone, while I'm standing in line at a store hand them out to other people in line, WHAT?! Then she goes into tell me how much she gets paid by my health insurance for my visit, which according to her is nothing, so it was like I owed it to her to hand out her cards???? I want a doctor that takes care of me and isn't all about the money, I will not be back!

March 22nd, 2016
This doctor is dangerous! I listened to her in the next room try to push people take drugs/ very strong pain medications that a patient was telling her they didn't want. I've heard her multiple times talk to people about other patients joking them. She treats her staff like dogs. Constantly belittling patients saying things like, it's the Internet ever hear of it?, or this isn't McDonald's drive through. Every time I've gone in there she is very forgetful, she'll walk away from me and then come back two minutes later and forgotten everything she just said and when I remind her she calls me a liar and freaks out. This happens every time I think she has Alzheimer's. She called in Prozac for me one time when I was suppose to get a blood pressure medication, when I talked to her about it she asked me did I get the Prozac filled, I said yes, she laughed and said enjoy them. This doctor is dangerous. I've heard her staff talk about her and they said they wouldn't even go to her as a patient and they know more of what is going on behind the doors. That's really scary! Find another doctor, even a Walmart greeter would be better then her.

March 7th, 2016
Excellent!
I have been a patient of Dr. Martin for the last 5 years. She listens very carefully to everything I have to share and then practices the art of medic ...

March 7th, 2016
Dr. Martin is a very knowledgeable and understands the art of practicing medicine. She takes care of the whole person and not just a symptom. Is wonderful on follow up and encouraging to make better lifestyle choices. I recommend her to everyone

December 29th, 2015
Nursing student
Okay everyone. I have been a patient for about 3 yrs. At first, I thought she was not personable and blunt .. Almost kind of rude with bed side manner. However, she did take care of my needs and without an appointment for a college physical ( for soccer) she fit it in for me. She actually worked with me and the front desk nurse helped call my insurance company on a seperate visit. If you want a blunt straight forward knowledgable doctor who is professional then go to her, if you want someone to hug you and smile and say don't worry .. Then go somewhere else. She will tell you that's not okay or you did not do what I asked, well that's on us as patients to listen and if we have an issue call her ... I had a reaction to a medication and called ... Yes I waited... Yes I had to call back... BUT I did get an answer after I called back. She does go through staff a lot because she speaks to people in a blunt almost sarcastic manner, it takes a strong person to work with her....but I just smile and give it back :P n thank her haha.

August 26th, 2015
Unafraid to sign my name
After too long with a primary Dr. who barely managed my COPD as-well-as my general heath and health issues, I was surprised at the level of care when I was referred to Dr. Martin's office. For about 6 years I was taken by ambulance, usually 2x a year, and admitted for commonly 7 days for my lung disease. That has happened only once since Dr. Martin started treating me and it was in the first year. She can be stern (helped me off cigs) but she is a personal and caring Dr. However, if you plan to be your own doctor then don't bother. She doesn't claim to know everything medical (which I love.) She does require that I see any and all necessary specialists. I have read some poor reviews, sadly some appear to be angry neighbors and the like. She's not my buddy! She's my Dr.!! I would refer her and in fact I have, they remain her patients today. On the occasional wait?? She spends the time necessary with me (even if it takes an extra few minutes) and I expect she shows this courtesy to ALL of her patients. Dr. Martin has helped greatly. I appreciate her time and care.

July 8th, 2015
I have to say, I was blown away by my appointment with Dr. Martin. Most doctors have been detached and, well, clinical, but she was in-depth and friendly to boot! Good, courteous doctors and staff are hard to find these days, so Patuxent Medical Clinic was a godsend. My biggest complaint would be some of the noisier patients, but you'll get those anywhere. In all, I would (and have) recommend Dr. Martin's clinic to friends, and strangers!

April 21st, 2015
I wouldn't recommend her , shes rude and rushes through appointment . I went for my back which I have scoliosis and constant back pain & she said I can go on YouTube . I didn't know YouTube was a certified doctor . Im very disappointed , i read the bad reviews and still gave her a chance and she was everything I hoped she wasn't.