Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 11th, 2014

Dr. Kathy is very knowledgeable and provides excellent care. She really takes the time and explains everything to you and makes you feel comfortable. Thank you for all of the help thus far.

Jan 24th, 2014

We truly enjoyed being a part of this trial. All of the staff is always very nice to deal with. CH

Nov 6th, 2013

DR. Kathy and her team are wonderful. I received excellent care. I would recommend Dr. Kathy to anyone that needs treatment.

by S.A. on Apr 17th, 2013

I have had a excellent experience with wonderful nurses. -SA

|  tubal reverse  |  show details
by Jessica lopez on Mar 23rd, 2013

DR. Kathleen Doody was my Dr for my tubal. She did great! I just had surgery a few days ago, the pain is manageable. My incision looks great. I felt very comfortable with the staff. The staff and the Dr herself were very kind. I will go into the clinic in a few weeks to make sure its all good. I'm very pleased with Kathleen. I would pick her again if I needed to. Thank you Dr. Kathleen and Staff.

Feb 21st, 2013

Dr. Kathy and her staff at CARE have been kind and gracious at every visit. Even when the odds seemed against us getting pregnant Dr. Kathy was reassuring, there was always something that could be done. Now we are 9 weeks pregnant and very happy.

Oct 23rd, 2012

Dr. Kathy Doody was sympathetic, knowledgeable and compassionate. We are so happy we had her as our doctor.--Tami P.

|  great doctor  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

Dr. Kathy is an excellent docor and is very knowledgable on fertility issues. Jennifer M, Fort Worth, TX

Sep 14th, 2012

I had great experience with Dr Doody. -- gur

Sep 6th, 2012

Dr. Doody was not honest about certain aspects of our situation. She could have sent us to a male fertility specialist, but did not. I believe that it was to keep our money in her pocket. $20,000 later, we are broke with no child. Two other doctors also agreed that my embryo transfer was done too late to result in pregnancy.

Doctor's Response

We work up infertility issues for both male and female causes. We refer regularly to a male fertility specialist (urologist) if the cause of the infertility is determined to be a severe male factor and assistance is required to harvest sperm surgically. The majority of male infertility is treated by a reproductive endocrinologist (like myself) through techniques like artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization with sperm injection (ICSI). Let me try to address your comments regarding the timing of an embryo transfer. Embryos may be transferred on the third day of development at the cleavage stage or on the 5th day of development at the blastocyst stage. We have routinely transferred on the 5th day of development since 1998. Blastocyst transfer is a more physiologic time for transfer as this is the point the embryo is at naturally when in enters the uterine cavity during natural conception. There is also less contractions of the uterus compared to an earlier day of transfer. We have maintained a high pregnancy rate in our program with a low high order multiple gestation rate with this technique. Our conception and live birth rates compare favorably to the most successful practices across the US. We want all patients to have a positive experience with our practice. We do our best to make the process as cost effective as possible for all patients. We are sorry the outcome was not as you had hoped. I would be happy to meet with you and discuss any questions or concerns that you have regarding your lack of success.

Aug 24th, 2012

Dr Doody is very professional, knowledgeable, and caring about her patients. -- AK, mckinney tx

Jul 24th, 2012

Dr. Doody is very friendly and has excellent knowledge in this field. She made me feel comfortable. Jamie C., Fort Worth, TX

Jul 7th, 2012

always accomodating, multiple locations if u are needing an appt. if there are no appt times at one location they are always willing to squeeze you in somewhere. extremely helpful in this complicated process which helps so much. an overall great place to start your journey. - ovj, fort worth, tx

Jun 15th, 2012

Dr Doody has a very open and honest approach. It is very nice to have a doctor that will explain everything and allow you time to make a decision. I love her flexibility. NDJ, Fort Worth, TX

|  thanks to dr doody...and God, of course, we have been very blessed  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2011

I had a tubal 13 years ago. I have been divorced and got remarried. My husband and I decided there were a couple of things we wanted to do...one of which was the buy a Harley and other was to try and have a baby. I was 36 years old and, of course, my clock was ticking so we decided to go with the baby, the Harley could wait. I searched online to find a clinic that did this sort of thing and found Dr Kathleen Doody. My husband and I met with her and her staff. They ran the appropriate tests and we had the surgery. I was told it could take up to 6 months or a year before I was pregnant, if in fact the surgery worked...I was pregnant within two weeks!!! We now have a precious little girl that is 6 months old. Dr Doody's staff was very helpful and kind. They ALWAYS returned my phone calls within an hour or two. I would recommend Dr Doody and the center to anyone needing help! Thank you, Dr Doody and staff...without you our family would not be complete!

|  Effective  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2011

I read some of the comments about Dr. Kathy before writing this, and yes, I do agree, she is not the most involved, sit and hold your hand type of doctor. But I have 3 beautiful children all thanks to her and her staff. I also found that she was more attentive (in a bedside manner way) for my surgeries. I would use her again and again because I trust her and her staff.

Jun 29th, 2011

I found Dr. Doody's Bedford office to be cold and impersonal (it felt like a bus station, with lots and lots of uncomfortable chairs). The desk staff was friendly but not professionally attired (lot of make up and cleavage) and they all seemed very young and not particularly effective. I did like Dr. Doody's nurses; they were kind and attentive. I choose Dr. Moody because she was a woman and thought she'd be empathetic and kind. Wrong. I believe she is probably a very good clinician but she was/is cold, condescending and impatient, not the best traits for dealing with patients in a sensitive situation (a lot of whom are probably very hormonal! :-). My husband, who likes everyone, couldn't stand her. Not sure why she'd choose a course of medicine with such heavy patient interaction. We ended up going to Baylor Center in Dallas, who were great.

Feb 13th, 2011

It was a mixed experience. I found Kathleen Doody to be very knowledgeable. Very caring at times, but at times, not so much. She definitely knows her stuff. She might be just being pragmatic or it is her personality. To be fair, she was caring and friendly some times. The staff is ok, but dont expect much out of them. If you think this is worse, just visit Dr. Le. You will be very pleased here. Wish you the best!

|  Updated Review  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2010

I wrote my last review that I was disappointed after the first visit. I had felt that the doctor was not very involved. The day (maybe the day after) I wrote my review since I was disappointed with not being able to see the doctor, she called me personally with a new course of treatment and discussed all concerns. We set another course and I was able to schedule a reasonable appointment to meet with her personally. She has since been very involved in all of my treatment and I have been well cared for in every aspect. They kept a very close eye on the entire process and have been very knowledgeable.

|  First visit was great  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2010

My first visit there was great- I thought I would be well on my way to having accurate information and constant care. I went to the Frisco office as that is what is convenient to me. Big mistake- each doctor only goes to that office once a week and when they do, they are booked. It is hard to get an appointment unless I want to drive 45 minutes to Bedford. The nurses are fair. They have not been particularly accomodating or informative.. it is difficult to get someone on the phone to answer questions.. you must wait for a callback even though they say call me anytime when you have your initial consultation.

Oct 16th, 2010

I waited over 45 minutes, half undressed, in a cold room for Dr. Doody. When she came in to do my sonogram, she was unapologetic, brisk, and uninformative. As a result, I changed doctors, and I couldn't be happier.

Aug 16th, 2010

Dr Kathy performed my Tubal Litigation, IVF consult, muliple HSG's. She is very professional and has great bedside manor. I like this office WAY better than some of the other RE's I have been too.

Jul 10th, 2010

|  never never see her  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2010

My time with this doctor was nothing I would recommend to anyone, ever! Very much a number like the other reviewer suggested. Will never ever go back in a million years. I would consider alternative doctor in different practice if I could do it over again.