inactive

Dr. Kathleen Fitzgerald MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Providence, RI

April 14th, 2013
Should have left her years before I did!
Dr. Fitzgerald, like another reviewer said, is fine for routine care - and that's it!! I went to her for years and dealt with her cursory manner (ie, hand on doorknob as you're trying to ask questions) as she was conveniently located and I had no problems. Once I started to experience some gyno difficulties everything went down the drain, from finding out that I supposedly needed a hysterectomy by her medical assistant (she would not even get on the phone!!) to dealing with her arrogant attitude and limited knowledge base (also told by other docs that I later consulted that she has very limited surgical skills). I ditched her practice after 10 years and found excellent specialists that thought outside the box and gave my much better personalized surgical options than a total hysterectomy. A very minimally interested doctor who doesn't really care about you. BEWARE!!!

March 28th, 2012
Love her!
She is straightforward, knowledgeable, skilled and easy to talk to. My experiences with her were wonderful. I moved to Colorado and have seriously considered going back to Providence for my checkups! My surgery went like a dream and I trust her absolutely.

July 22nd, 2011
Not good for surgery!
If you need surgery with her keep in mind her bedside manner is awful. I had surgery. She did not even check on me in recovery or give a telephone call to check on me after surgery. The only person that actually cared was the hospital I had the procedure at. She also did not even discuss my endometriosis with me that she happened to find while I was having surgery. She is good for routine visits as long as you have no problems. If a problem arises, I would strongly recommend going to see a specialist. I wish I had gotten a second opinion. BTW- I went in for surgery for a routine removal of a 1" cyst and she wound up having my whole ovary removed. I was not even notified by her that she took my ovary. The nurses in recovery had to tell me. This is absolutely disgraceful from a doctor. She should definitely learn to inform her patients.