- Friendly Staff
- Wait Time
- Appropriate Followup
- Spends Time With Me
- Bedside Manner
- Accurate Diagnosis
- Easy Appointments
Share Your Experience
Have you seen Dr. Kathleen Gallaher?
Felt inhumane and made me worse
Posted on October 14th, 2015
1. I had to go to urgent care after being treated by Dr. Warner (in Gallaher's office). When the urgent care physician saw the condition I was in she told me I had "an awful doctor". There are so many choices out there, and I did not realize how much I was putting up with needlessly until I received this Doctor's professional opinion. 2. When I saw Dr. Gallaher, she was always looking for what was not there. Sometimes, Dr. Gallaher just seemed to be mean. Other times, it seemed like if she would have listened to my symptoms, and why I was there, she may have been able to help me. Here are some instances: - She mentioned "cancer"... "no one gets cancer on my watch", I think is how she phrased it. Cancer was not a concern in my instance. - One time after lifting her stethoscope off my chest in a routine exam, she muttered under her breath something about my heart..."What? My heart? What is wrong with my heart?" She shrugged..."people live with it". I still do not know what she said about a heart defect. No other doctor has every mentioned this to me before or since (I am middle-aged). - She mentioned "COPD" although I was not symptomatic, nor did I have tests substantiating this concern, nor was I being treated for COPD. - She mentioned thyroid conditions and how she had diagnosed someone in her office with a thyroid condition and no other doctor had found it. I was then tested, and I did not have a thyroid condition. - One time, she mentioned I was "40 lbs overweight". I am 5 foot 4 inches tall, weighed approximately 132 at the time, and had a baby. She provided no reasoning or guidance, or weight control suggestions. I have not been back to this office since the urgent care incident. Time to move on. Hope this was helpful for you. Good luck in your search.
What a Doctor Should Be.
Posted on May 29th, 2015
Dr. Gallaher defines what a responsible doctor is. She takes time with you to understand your situation, unlike other doctors that rush in and out.
Posted on January 11th, 2015
you may have to wait a bit but well worth the wait only doctor I know that spends the time with you.
Thanks Dr. G
Posted on November 8th, 2012
Dr. Gallaher listens intently and takes good notes. She offers good suggestions, options and advice for treating symptoms and conditions, and will refer to a specialist when necessary. She treats my whole family.
Caring doctor that I would receommend
Posted on August 23rd, 2012
I have been into this office several times over the last few years. I have been seen twice by Dr. Gallaher and once by the other physician in the office, Dr. Warner. Both appear to be extremely competent, very caring and I would recommend this small practice for anyone's Primary Healthcare Physician's choice.
Posted on July 20th, 2012
Dr. Gallaher is an incredible physician!!! I not only trust her with my own health, but that of my family members and close personal friends.
Good- unless she doesn't like you.
Posted on July 26th, 2011
I feel that Dr. Gallher just didn't care for me. To be fair, once I was able to get an appointment and was able to see the Dr., I was able to get a referral to see who I needed. I was referred to someone once that was uncessary (Specialist asked me why she referred me to him) and to one place I didn't care for, but on the whole referrals were thoughtful. However, she seemed to have some sort of issue with me even though I am a quiet person and never argued or did anything that would explain her feelings towards me. She would cut me off and seemed annoyed with me. Once, she was writing an Rx and I asked what it was for (a legitimate question, I would think) and she was reluctanct to answer and seemed irriated that I had asked. She complained to me about her office staff and implied that the other Dr there (Dr. Warner, who is very nice) was not competent. The wait time in the office is horrible and she scolds her office staff for not managing her time in front of patients. Her office staff are all very nice but seem afraid of her. They almost cower before knocking on the door to speak to her. Not really a good sign. Honestly, the more I went to the office the more *I* became scared until I was having anxiety issues waiting to see her. I don't really like going to the Dr. anymore because I'm afraid I will be looked down on like this again. I really don't feel like I did anything to bring on her perception of me. I think she has been doing this for too long and needs to consider cutting back or retiring. I know she has a lot of good reviews and can see how she would be nice to some people in her demographic but please consider the possibility that she may be not so nice to you (even if you consider yourself to be a quiet and considerate patient).
Posted on March 19th, 2010
I can't say enough "good" about Dr. Gallaher. She listens, does not rush you, is thorough, and very knowledgeable. I have recommended her to my family members who are absolutely thrilled with her service. Would highly recommend her to anyone. Doctors like her are rare and hard to find.
Posted on September 28th, 2009
Best MD I've ever had. Caring and informative. Thank goodness for doctors like Dr Gallaher and her staff.She diagnosed a problem with my wife that other MDs had missed.
Posted on October 20th, 2015
Posted on September 23rd, 2015
Dr. Kathleen Gallaher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Villa Park, CA.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides