Dr. Kathleen Heffernan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kathleen Heffernan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 27th, 2016

***A MALPRACTICE NIGHTMARE***

I ***was*** a patient of Dr. Kathleen Heffernan's for over 10 years until 2012, when during a routine Pap smear, she spontaneously decided to perform a cervical biopsy for some unknown reason. While I was on the table protesting, and questioning the necessity of this in-office operation, it was too late. The procedure was completed without my consent. Over the course of the next few days I started to hemorrhage badly. Part of this frightening, and highly unpleasant experience occurred over the weekend and I subsequently called the attending SMG "on call" OBGYN - Laura Dr. S. Zimmerman, who is also a Summit Medical Board member. Despite my complete and concise articulation indicating the severity of the bleeding, she discouraged me from seeking treatment at the hospital, and said I should quote, "lay down with my feet up" for the remainder of the weekend, and contact the office on the following Monday instead. It doesn't take a medical degree to know that this "advice" was nonsensical and ***nearly cost me my life***. Five (5) days later, following this completely unnecessary procedure, I nearly bled-out in Summit Medical's Warren Office and had to be rushed by ambulance to Overlook Hospital for an emergency D&C . Following this 2nd operation the excessive bleeding still did not completely subside, and it necessitated me to pay $500.00 out-of-pocket for an intrauterine implant (IUD), that insurance does not cover, as it classified as "birth control", and non-essential, to try to stem / regulate the bleeding. My hemorrhaging was solely caused by a ***rushed*** negligent doctor who's license to practice medicine should be suspended. However, following, and to literally add insult-to-injury, three weeks after the operation I received a combined hospital / surgery bill of over $8,000.00 from Summit Medical and Overlook Hospital, charging off their negligence on me, the patient. I can simply state, if you value your health you should look elsewhere, than Summit Medical Group as a medical practice. They are an incompetent bunch in so many levels in so many varied disciplines, who do not take responsibility for their actions, and pass their negligence onto the patient in the form of billing for ***unnecessary*** and ***deadly*** services rendered. Moreover, they neither respect nor regard the Hippocratic oaths they have taken: "Practice two things in your dealings with disease: either help or do not harm the patient". My good advice to all who should read this, predicated on vast experience, is - stay away from Dr. Heffernan, and Summit Medical Group as a whole, if you value your good health and your life.

March 11th, 2015

Dr. Heffernan delivered my youngest daughter and was amazing!! She is caring, explains things in detail and will answer as many questions as you may have. Highly recommend!

April 19th, 2012

Informative and Caring

I had a D&C after a miscarriage and had Dr. Heffernan as the on call doctor. She was the perfect blend of providing me with all the details I needed, was clear in communication and also showed compassion. I was pleasantly surprised at how much she already knew about my situation and how personalized she made it feel even though we'd just met.

August 24th, 2011

Too Many Patients - Too Little Time

I have been seeing Dr. Heffernan for several years now and the service at Summit Medical Group has gone downhill. Even when you call in advance you can't get an appt. with her. The group is getting too big and there is no personal attention. Your just a number. Looking to make a change.

July 29th, 2011

Always rushed, never feel that I have enough time to ask questions or have a discussion. Wait time is unreasonable; I made appointments well in advance, so not sure why it is always double booked. Waiting room is always crowded. As many of us also have jobs, this is not at all professional.

February 27th, 2016