Dr. Kathleen Langer MD Patient Reviews

4.7

no change

October 15th, 2015

September 18th, 2015
Compassionate, knowledgeable, great bedside manner!
Dr. Langer is the best out there. I've had her as my dr. for 5 years. She's delivered 2 of my babies. I first saw her before I was pregnant because I had been trying to conceive but had complications with my pcos. She is by far the best dr. I've seen! 3 doctors prior to her told me I had nothing wrong with me and that I should be able to conceive without problems, even though we had been trying for years. Dr. Langer is exceptional, my pregnancies are miserable and I delivered both in the 37th week. No complications. The morning after I delivered my 2nd baby she came in to check on me and when she saw my pain meds weren't being kept on top of (over an hour lapsed) she wasn't having any of that! I'd asked 2 times and apparently it got lots somewhere in shift change. She sure let them know it was not acceptable! She's always been my advocate and very understanding. I drive 45 mins to see her and as long as I can, I will keep keep her as my dr!

August 15th, 2013
Terrible experience
These reviews are part of the reason I chose Dr. Langer to be my OBGYN when I was pregnant with my first child. I consider my experience terrible and frightening as a first time mom, and will not ever go back to her. Her medical assistant had not been taking accurate blood pressures the entire pregnancy - I finally insisted that Dr Langer check my blood pressure herself because the MA's readings were so much lower than the readings I was getting at home. I had also gained about 20 pounds in two weeks and was feeling quite ill. Sure enough, my blood pressure was at stage 2 hypertension levels, which initiated a series of test to check for pre-eclampsia. She told me that I did not have it, but I needed to take it easy and get lots of rest. A couple of weeks later, my blood pressure was reaching 180/100 when I checked it at home. I tried reaching somebody at the office, but couldn't reach anybody. I finally left a message with the on call nurse, who called me back and told me to go straight to labor and delivery. Dr Langer was out of town. The on-call doctor decided that I needed to be induced that day (I was 35 weeks). I ended up staying an extra day in the hospital because of my blood pressure, and was told by another doctor from South Valley Women’s Health to keep my prenatal appointment that was already scheduled three days from the day I was discharged - I had been prescribed several medications and he wanted Dr Langer to follow up with me since she wasn’t there to deliver my baby, and because my blood pressure wasn’t decreasing as fast as he liked. I showed up and Dr Langer refused to see me because it hadn’t been two weeks since my delivery. I am not a pushy person, but I insisted that I be able to see her because the other doctor told me I needed to see her and I was concerned for my health. They took me back and sat me down in a chair in the HALLWAY where her medical assistant checked my blood pressure. Let me remind you that I had a 30 minute appointment scheduled for that day. Doctor Langer walked by and asked how I was and that she heard that everything went great and asked why the other doctor chose to induce me. She clearly had not reviewed my chart. She then proceeded to ask me about what I was going to do for birth control right there in the hallway where people were walking by. I hesitated for a second because of the awkward situation and she chimed in, “None, okay. Just remember that you can get pregnant while breastfeeding. I guess I don’t need to see you until your six week appointment since I saw you today!” I was humiliated and infuriated by the lack of professionalism. Needless to say, I did not go any post-partum checkups with her after that.
Doctor's Response

I am terribly sorry for this awful experience. I strive to provide excellent care and clearly this care fell far short of both of our goals and expectations. I wish I would have had the opportunity to hear your concerns last year in person, and that was my fault for not having had the time that day to spend with you. Please accept my sincerest apologies and know that I have taken your feedback to heart and I will try to do better in the future with other patients. I regret that I will not be able to have the opportunity to take care of you in the future and I hope that you and your baby are doing well in spite of all of this.

May 15th, 2013
Amazing!
Dr. Langer delivered my baby and was always so kind and considerate. When I experienced complications from endometriosis years later she was the only doctor I trusted to perform my laparoscopy and hysterectomy. She had been there through highs and lows. It is apparent that she loves her job and genuinely cares about her patients.

February 7th, 2013
Terrific!
Dr. Langer does a wonderful job. She ensures to spend the time with me that is needed and answers all my questions. Her staff is also courteous and prompt at assisting as well. Dr. Langer made it through a snow storm to be at my bedside for my labor experience. She is very kind and listens real well to concerns or just life experiences. After my child was born and sent to the NICU, Dr. Langer personally called me the following night to follow up on the babies progress. This was more then expected and brought tears to my eyes. She is great and I recommend her to others. :)

September 4th, 2012
Best Bedside manner
I started seeing Dr. Langer in 1999 since then I've moved with my employer out of state several times always returning to Utah. I even made appts. to see Dr. langer when I was in town and still living out of state. She is the one of the kindest Dr's I've seen. Very knowledgable.

September 2nd, 2011
She is wonderful
I 100% love her she is caring and makes you feel comfortable. I half dont want to give a good review because I dont want to share. I had my first child and she spent as much time with me as I needed and I was able to call and talk with the on call nurse if I had anything come up. One time the nurse put me on hold and the Dr came on the phone to finish talking with me. I never felt so cared for. I went into labor in the middle of the night and she came in and gave no clue of any bad mood. I had to push for 2 hours with a sunny side up baby and she was so patient and gave me great support. I honestly would go to her again if I ever have another baby.

February 23rd, 2011
Dr. Langer Came To Our Rescue
My daughter was seen in urgent care with bad abdominal pain. It was determined that she had internal bleeding and they sent us to the ER. We were frightened at this point! But also very fortunate to have Dr. Langer on call that night! She did emergency surgery and was so professional, so caring and so conscientious to the problem AND the patient!!

November 30th, 2009
Dr. Langer is WONDERFUL! I can't say enough good about her. As soon as she steps in the room you instantly feel like she cares about you as a person. She truly respects what you want for your own care as well as providing you with her expert opinion. Out of three children I've had my second two with her. I wish I had known about her with my first! And, I plan to continue using her, even if I have to go out of my insurance to do it!

August 18th, 2009
She's the best
Anyone that can get her as a DR. is lucky I think. Could not have had a better on thanks.

July 16th, 2009
Dr. Langer = A+
Dr. Langer is a wonderful doctor. She is always so thoughtful during visits. She never rushes or hurries a patient. She takes her time, asks questions, listens to questions, and helps to ease a pregnant mind. I strongly recommend her and her staff to anyone, pregnant or not.

July 13th, 2009
Dr. Langer is one of the best and dedicated doctors I've had the privilage of knowing. She has delivered all four of my children (soon to be five) and I am always impressed with how caring she truley is. She is a wonderful person.