Dr. Kathleen Thomas DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

February 25th, 2016
This physician misdiagnosed my wife with RA. Was rude and very curt. So glad we did not go back. I would not recommend to anyone.

October 26th, 2015
Never again will I go to see her. She kept asking my What do you want me to do? Why are you here? She poked my hands twice and said "You have rheumotoid arthritis". Seriously?? Never got back the test results have to keep calling for those. Very cold snippy dr with a horrible bedside manner. Save yourself the time and aggravation, go see Someone else

July 16th, 2015
Never again!!
I will never again be subjected to this person. I kept thinking it must be me, but she is the rudest excuse of a doctor I have ever encountered. All she does is open the door and ask why are you here! Save yourself from her humiliation!!

September 9th, 2014
The Best
I have RA and she is the only doctor who has been able to keep me pain free. She is extremely smart and I trust her opinion and treatment plan 100 percent. She always listens to me and has a positive bedside manner. I do not agree with the other negative posts.

March 15th, 2014
Rude and Cold
When your looking for answers but you are the one drilled and made to feel like an idiot I would call this not a positive experience.

April 10th, 2013
2nd Opinion
I made an appointment with Dr. Thomas at the suggestion of a good friend. I had been to 1 Rheumatologist who was at IU and it was chaos to get into see her, or to get/give information. The 1st appointment Dr. Thomas had was at 7:15 am. I live about an hour away, but I was desperate to feel better. I got up very early, drove and hour to her office and arrived at 7:10 am. After a 15 minute wait, I was escorted to a room by a nurse who took my vitals. After the vitals, a very grouchy Dr. Thomas came in, and was quite curt with me! I told her all of my symptoms, I gave her my symptom calendar for 3 months, and she responded with "What is it you want from me?" I was then scolded for wasting her time, and she poked me all over. "Did your Chiropractor tell you one leg is longer than the other?" "What did your Family Doctor have to say about this? "I don't know, I won't be following your medical treatment." Then she said she couldn't do anything different than my family Dr could do, but that she had 1 more blood test she could run. Nobody ever called to let me know about the blood test results, which I had no idea what they were for. My Chiropractor finally found out the results. The test was for Hepatitis! What a RUDE doctor! I would NOT recommend her to anyone.

July 17th, 2012
Very Friendly and Smart
Dr. Thomas is the first Rheumy that actually talks to you on a down to earth level. I've been through three others who always talked above my head. She is a very good doctor and, having RA, I wouldn't go anywhere else. Her care has helped me maintain a normal lifestyle! Her professionalism is top notch. I do not agree with the other reviews.

September 15th, 2011
az soforenko
The Dr was very thorough in her examination. She was disarming and made me feel comfortable while being examined.She spent a long time with me discussing the medical issues I had. Including the medications. She scheduled a follow up appointmant after a series of lab tests. I thought she did an excellent job in my case..

November 2nd, 2010
Dr. Thomas is the first doctor who would listen to me. She has been very thorough. I won't go anywhere else.

August 3rd, 2010
Very cold and lacking in bedside manner.

August 25th, 2009
She didn't do a thorough check and was more concerned about why I should be depressed when I am not, than about my condition. I will not go back. It was sad I wasn't listened to. I don't need my dr to be my friend and to tell me why I should be sad I have a chronic illness. I need them to check me, and send me on my way.