Dr. Kathleen Mah MD, FACS Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2017
What an amazing Doctor she is!
I just saw her today. It was my third time. I am writing because before my appointment this AM, as I was checking her address, I read her reviews, all great, except for 2 idiotic negative ones. Frankly, I cannot believe that one should make a negative remark based on one meeting. Yet, as a professor, I know who complains… Happy people do not share their story, but I will! I am 62, in good shape, yet with some experience with doctor’s visits. The first time I saw Dr. Mah, I had to wait, probably 30 minutes that seemed to me like a horrible amount of time. I was in a bad mood, worried about my breasts, self-indulging, and not happy that she was not just on time. Now I know that all that talking next door was probably her explaining to another woman why she had to have a double mastectomy or something that takes time to sink in… I saw Dr. Mah twice since. I did not have to wait a bit. She was delightful: professional, caring, pleasant, and thorough in her examination and information. I feel so lucky, safe, and privileged to be in her care. After my first scare, I was able to get a mammogram done the next day thanks to her. My boobs are fine, thank you, and I hope I will not need Dr. Mah’s care again, but if I do, I would not hesitate a second to see her and I recommend her warmly: expertise, care, gentleness, respect, warmth. She has it all. Mahalo Dr. Mah!

July 6th, 2015
A terrific doc!
Dr. Mah was my surgeon for my second bout of breast cancer, in which both breasts were eventually removed and because of BrcA gene results, all female organs were removed as well. After the initial surgery removing the cancerous breast, when I asked about removal of the second breast along with hysterectomy and oophorectomy (done non-invasively), she was very open to doing both surgeries back-to-back in the same surgery suite as one of two surgeons (she removed the breast, another surgeon did the non-invasive surgery). I walked out of the hospital the next day feeling GREAT! Dr. Mah has always been accommodating, cheerful, positive, caring, and I highly recommend her! I am puzzled as how one individual could receive such opposite kinds of reviews, unless those who rated her low have never been a patient of hers or choose to provide reviews to hurt her professionally. For my point of view, I highly recommend Dr. Mah and suggest that you consider Dr. Mah if you need a surgeon.

March 19th, 2014
I am very surprised at the negative reviews of Dr. Mah - I really do not understand them as my experience has been the total opposite. Dr. Mah is a very caring and patient doctor. As other reviews have said, although wait time can be a bit long at times, that probably occurs because she is taking the time with her patients - listening and answering their questions, providing moral support and of course providing all of the medical info that is required for decision-making. She invites family members or other support people to join the patient in the exam room, if the patient desires. A warm, caring doctor.

March 28th, 2013
Simply the BEST
Like the title says, she's the best!

September 15th, 2012
Dr. kathleen Mah is a horrible Doctor.You can't asked her questions about your xrays, surgery, health concerns. She always has a Sarcastic Remarks, I told you so when patients want more detail information about their xray results.She is very Nasty, Unprofessional, No Class, Very Cold. Why did she become a Doctor? Very Rude person.

March 15th, 2012
Caring Doctor
Dr Mah is a terrific doctor. She doesn't make you feel rushed and always listens to your concerns. She is caring and has a great sense of humor too.

August 26th, 2011
GREAT doctor
Dr Mah is a great doctor. She has excellent bedside manners and takes the time to listen to your concerns and answers any questions you may have. She is professional and never makes you feel rushed. So, while the wait time may be a little long, it is probably because she really does take the time to talk and discuss matters with her patients. I never feel like I am a bother or that I am just being treated as just "another patient". Very down to earth and caring.

August 10th, 2010
Best doctor I've been to
Positive experience from day 1. She squeezed me in as an emergency for my first appointment; has always returned my calls on the same day. The wait time during a visit is long, but she's the only doctor I have who will spend the time answering any questions I have (so I figure if she's doing it for me, she's doing it for others which probably tends to back her schedule up).

March 15th, 2010
Not good
She does not care about the patients.

February 19th, 2010
Kathleen Mah is a bad doctor
This doctor is uncaring, lacks compassion, and is rude to her patients post surgery. She exemplifies the classic "God-Complex" that often does not come thru untill you try and ask a question post surgery. I would not reccommend this doctor to anyone.

February 11th, 2017