Family Practitioner, Adolescent Specialist, Pediatricians
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
3535 W 13 Mile Rd
Royal Oak, MI 48073
248-594-3142
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

|  Not a great fit for me  |  show details
May 24th, 2012

When I first started working with Dr. Mammel, she seemed like a nice lady, but she suggested we do a parent in charge approach to fix my ED. This doctor is very biased on that approach, and it didn't work for me. It actually made things a lot worse to the point to where I was restricting food even more and harming myself. My parents finally agreed that she wasn't helping me, and I went to an inpatient facility in Oklahoma. The bottom line is, Dr. Mammel may be a good doctor for families working with the parent in charge approach, but that doesn't mean that that approach works for everyone.

|  Dr. Mammel Falsified a court document regarding a bulemic 16 year old to protect the mother...  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Mammel lied on a letter addressed to the family court, more than doubling the time that the girl had purged, in direct conflict with her own medical charts. She currently poo-poos the fact that the girls mother, also bulemic, participates in weight loss diets targeting 10-17 pounds of loss per week with the bulemic daughter. There is a medical board complaint and lawsuit forthcoming.

|  show details
Aug 7th, 2009

She is great doctor. She seems genuinely concerned with your well-being and is very knowledgeable about each of the concern I've brought to her. The facility is very nice, as well.