Dr. Kathleen Massop Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kathleen Massop?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Kathleen Massop?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 4th, 2013

Female Young Professional

I'm pretty shocked that Dr. Massop has low ratings :(. I recommended her to a co-worker who then wanted to research dr. Massop n saw the bad ratings. I'm honestly still shocked. I've had nothing but a pleasant experience and I've seen her 5 times now. She is very polite, smiles a f is friendly. If I ever had a worry she hugged me n told me it was going to be ok and she always personally called me when needed to follow up. She is great. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm sure not every patient doctor relationship can be perfect but I would let the negative comments affect your decision to see her. I think she is great and this clinic in general it well run polite and. Friendly. I have had a lot of problems in the past with clinics running extra lab tests without asking costing me more etc, Dr. Massop and the clinic is wonderful :) I'm glad I go to Dr. Massop and I recommend her to all.

January 16th, 2013

Caring Physician

After 15 years of seeing my gyno, he retired. I decided to stay with his clinic and after a couple of visits there for issues, I ended up seeing Dr. Massop. Prior to seeing her I had avoided female gyno docs because they are typically very harsh in their exams but I needed to be seen so I settled for whomever was available. She was very compassionate, she listened to my concerns and was extremely personable. When I came back for my follow-up she even asked about my husband who had attended the last appointment with me. She is the second doctor I saw in that office after my normal doc retired, the first one was AWFUL; rude, distant and unsupportive. Massop was the complete opposite, like a breath of fresh air. She listened to my concerns and took steps to help ease them. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant before my biological clock expires. The first doc in that office basically told me at 38 I was too ancient and too fat to consider it. (I was maybe 30 lbs overweight but still in very good shape.) Massop assured me that I had plenty of time and was healthy enough to conceive. I am glad that I found her and will be even more grateful when I deliver in six months!!!

August 15th, 2011

See anyone else at this office

I saw her when I was a teenager and didn't have a lot of experience with gynecological appointments. She was shockingly disrespectful towards me. I can look past a poor bedside manner if the "doctor" side is good. Hers was not. The procedure I had performed by her was incredibly painful, and generally a terrible experience. I had the same procedure done a few years later, and it was a completely different. Painless, efficient, I would have never known it was the same thing. I ended up with Massop because I wanted a female and she was the one I could get in to see easily. It turned out there was a reason for that. Once my doctor group joined in to the office that she is now in, I was very tempted to switch practices but I have liked the doctors and nurse practitioners I have seen there so much. Once I became pregnant I was going to switch to another office if there was any chance she would deliver my baby, so I finally asked and was assured that she doesn't work the OB practice. She is someone who should never see patients, perhaps she's better suited to work in a lab.

March 25th, 2010

Uncaring bedside manner

I found Dr. Massop to be uncaring in her attitude as I described my problem. She made me feel as if she thought I was making it up and she spoke sharply to me. I felt like she was bawling me out. She called me by the wrong name and she seemed unaware of any of my past health issues I had discussed with her at previous appointments. Even when I have gone to doctors that couldn't solve a problem, they treated me with respect. I felt she acted in a very unprofessional manner. I have gone to this office for 34 years, and now I am finished. I won't be back.

August 29th, 2009

Take a class on bedside manner!

Please consider another doctor within the Iowa Clinic. I LOVE my nurse practitioner at the Iowa Clinic, and had always been happy until I had the "Massop Experience." I have never been so completely unhappy with a doctor in my life. Apparently if you're 22 she assumes that you're sexually active, and therefor "jams" the tools into you as though you are a lab rat. When I voiced my concern and pain, she coldly stated "I'll be done in a minute." Dr. Massop was in the room for as short a time period as possible. I was getting married in a few months at the time, so I asked for her to advise me about birth control, as I had never taken it before. Instead of acting remotely like she cared, she rolled her eyes and left. A NURSE then came back in with a sample of a birth control and a photocopied "advice" sheet that looked like it came from the internet. The rub? That birth control made me extremely "dry" and my first few months of marriage were very painful. I went back (requesting NOT to have her) and saw another doctor who was shocked that I was given that prescription. My point? The staff and other doctors and professionals are GREAT. As for Dr. Massop, she needs to go back to school and take a class on "human relations." Also perhaps realize that not all women are exactly the same.

August 2nd, 2016