Dr. Kathleen Messenger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1
  • 3 reviews

June 22nd, 2014
More than displeases
She tested me for genetic dystonia that was child onset without asking onset or symptoms told her about video of symptoms three times each time she said what video told her three times doctor at ucsf specialist in genetics had said I did not have multiple sclerosis but she insisted on retesting me the results were negative again then she told me I had said I had ms. she could not remember what she said from one visit to the next very forgetful. I am in severe pain every day from muscle contraction and a recent back injury at work. She refused to make me a pain clinic referral or give me anything for pain.she said I needed a rheumatology referrel then refused to give me one. Whe N she done my emg my legs were weeping serous fluid from the lyrica I was taking she as,I'd I need to have it changed to neurontin explained again I didn't have a primary physcian but she wouldn't change the med she said I needed to find a primary doctor. I ended up going to immediate care to have it changed and reorder my meds which she refused to do even after my home healt nurse called for refills. She was the one that ordered the home health and PT who was regularly reporting my pain level. she refused all med refills even my neulogical meds. Do not go to this doctor!

June 6th, 2013
Rude, with a "don't care" attitude. Argumentative, incomplete diagnosis and explanation. Highly advise that you do not use this doctor.

May 31st, 2012
Horrible!
She diagnosed me with epilepsy, but was very vague with what type I had, and didn't give me any information on it. She basically said "Okay you have juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and here's some medication. You can take it at day or night." I was 16 and this was ALL new to me, so I knew nothing about the condition, and I couldn't even remember what it was called. She also prescribed me THREE new medications all at once. They were all horrible for me, and I later found out -NOT from her- that one of them wasn't even approved by the drug administration!