Pediatrician, Pediatric Specialist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Dr motil is heaven sent:)  |  show details
by RETT Angel Bella on Jul 20th, 2013

Dr motil loves her RETT girls and ensures they are taken care of and advocated for. She remembers everything and is aggressive and complete with every visits. We are lucky to have her as our doctor. She's so smart and even though she does type notes while talking, she's just insuring she doesn't miss anything. Our daughter is scared of white coats and dr motil sang to her talked to her and explaind what she was doing. I would travel across the US for dr motil to take care of my angel!

|  Not a good GI especially for kids  |  show details
by Nolan on Mar 8th, 2013

We tried this doctor for sometime with our g-feed son. Unresponsive and clearly looking to retire. If you need critical care or ongoing physician support look elsewhere.

|  Parent  |  show details
by Jody on Mar 8th, 2013

Do Not Recommend this Physician. Not responsive to parent input, impossible to schedule, and does not work at all with other physicians. Had horrible ER experience with our g-tube feed son.

|  dr. motil is awesome  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2011

dr. motil follows my daughter for her rett syndrome. she is very thorough in her examination. i believe that if it wasn't for dr. motil, my daughter would not be alive today.

|  Most Unprofessional Dr. I Have Ever Encountered  |  show details
by Proud Mother of 3 on Apr 20th, 2010

To describe this office visit in detail would take too long and would cause me to break down in tears again. The cliff note version was that Dr. Motil entered the room with no hello or introduction of herself. She sat down and began typing on a computer and asking questions. During the question and answer session she scolded my 2 year old for trying to get my attention. When her first attempt didn't work she continued to talk to him in a military fashion and pointed her finger in his face! I kindly reminded her he was two and just wants to go back to the waiting room where there are toys. She ordered me to hold him down on the table. While I tried to explain to him what was going on to calm him down she raised her voice again at him and in military style barked at him once more. My son loves to play Dr. and have his ears looked (he has had tons of ear infections so this is routine) at and throat examined. He has NEVER been difficult during this time. She did not even try to help calm down the situation. After the exam I had my mom take him out of the room so I could finish the apt. without him getting fussed at any more by her. The Dr. laughed at me for asking a question and rolled her eyes. She made sure to make me feel beneath her. she continued to belittle me and my concerns about his symptoms. She never answered my questions about a disease that we were recently diagnosed with and it was her so called specialty. She left the room while I was explaining the answers to her questions about symptoms and treatment for them. I thought she would come back and I waited and waited. She never did. Her nurse returned to the room to tell me what test would be ordered. Everything the nurse said to me was contradicting what the Dr. had told me in the room. And the nurse showed me on paper where the Dr. wrote the orders. I sat there and cried in my chair. I could not believe my child and I were treated this way and I PAID for this service!!! Too scared to confront the Dr. I explained to the nurse what had taken place and she said she was speechless. But she didn't go to the Dr. and find out what was going on. I assume she did want to shredded by the Dr. for confronting her. I also briefly mentioned to the front desk clerk that my son's follow up apt. would need to be with a different Dr. I told her I refused to ever see Dr. Motil again. I briefly explained to the receptionist that I was in shock by how the Dr. behaved and we were treated. Out of all the doctors I have taken my very sick child to see I have never encountered a Dr. more unprofessional or hateful as she was. So sad to see that kind of doctor at the world known Texas Childrens Hospital. I did file a complaint with the hospital and left several messages with the office manager and never received a phone call from that department about my visit. : (