A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kathleen Petro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kathleen Petro, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Petro graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Petro has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Washington Hospital Center
- Washington Adventist Hosp
- Whc - Pho
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Petro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Kathleen R. Petro practice?
Dr. Kathleen Petro practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Warrenton, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Takoma Park, MD and Washington, DC.
See Warrenton Surgeons.